? Notification on Complete Not Working

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that when I started using µTorrent 1.22 the notifications were working but now they are not. I have tried checking the box, unchecking the box, unchecking then quitting then checking, and so on. I cannot seem to get it to pop up when a file is complete. The problem is still present in 1.3.

Any ideas?

I should have mentioned that I already have balloon tips enabled.

I have it minimized to the tray (I click the close button).

The thing is that I swear it used to work and then suddenly stopped. Of course I don't remember the details about the last time it worked and I can't exactly do tests since it requires downloading and finishing files. I suppose I could find some torrents with tiny files to do some tests...

Nope, no joy. I tried it open, minimized, minimized to tray, closed to tray. I tried setting it, clearing it, setting it then clearing it and vica veras. I tried deleting the configuration file. Nothing works. I get popups from other things and I used to get them from µTorrent.

I don't believe anything has changed so I am really confused. Are other people getting the notifications?

Hmmm... I guess I'll have to wait for ATI to release the next set of drivers so that I can reclone my system and test. Maybe some piece of software made a change or something. :/

• 3 months later...

I must say, my balloon notifications have disappeared as well, and they used to work fine. And I already use TweakUI, and they're enabled.

Something else that irks me is sometimes the tooltips for the tray icons appear below my start menu, making them unreadable. I'd say both are Windows problems, and not µTorrent problems (especially the tooltip problem, as it happens on all my tray icons). However, if anyone has any idea as to what I should do, I'd appreciate it. =)

-Ares

Something else that irks me is sometimes the tooltips for the tray icons appear below my start menu, making them unreadable. I'd say both are Windows problems, and not µTorrent problems (especially the tooltip problem, as it happens on all my tray icons). However, if anyone has any idea as to what I should do, I'd appreciate it. =)

I experience the same thing sometimes. It eventually stops but I'm not sure what it is I do to make it stop. I also get a weird problem where the tooltips will be corrupted with a big black block over part of it. Hmmm, I swear I had a screenshot of it somewhere...

Haha well I've never seen the big black block. Mine show most of the time, but not all the time. I'll hear the "pop" notify noise, as if one is popping up, but it doesn't. And then there's the whole tooltip-behind-the-start-menu thing.

Stupid Windows...

-Ares

• 1 month later...

My balloon notifications for utorrent stopped popping up as well

for some reason. Still get the sound just no pop up. Tool tips are

enabled and I get balloons for every other program.

utorrent 1.5

XPsp2

It's really odd. Sometimes they do work and sometimes they don't. I'm going to try to see if I can run some tests to narrow down the cause.

As for the black blocks and cut off tooltips, it's not a µTorrent problem, it happens with everything. I actually haven't seen it in a while, but I did find the schreenshot: corruptinfotips1vc.jpg.

Archived