Not downloading at all

MissMurder

Hi

I know I'm probably posting something you've read 100 times, but I've been through everything, Googled all I can and am now officially giving up. PLEASE HELP.

I have been trying to download content since Monday (yes I am a newbie ;) ) but have yet been unable to do so. I have manually forwarded ports, set static IP's, enabled encryptions, disabled and re-enabled DHCP etc etc etc. I have done so many thing I can't even remember what they all were, but nothing helps!

utorrent shows peers 0(83), DHT waiting to log in, or DHT 0 nodes. It also says that it's downloading, but nothing happens. Someone please help me :( I am desperate. You can even mail me some advice if this is clogging up the thread!

You need to make SURE the PORT and IP you used for your forwarding rules are correct.

the PORT is the same as you see in the Speed Guide. the IP is the same one returned from start->run->cmd /k ipconfig /all

For peer traffic TCP port needs to be forwarded, and UDP needs to be forwarded for DHT to function. Additionally perhaps my post will give a more thorough process to try after using the How-To :D

If it's unclear feel free to post specific questions below as well as what you WERE able to accomplish.

Whenever I load a torrent, it seems to start (blue arrow), but then changes to red after a while. I've been over your post and have again set everything, from the speed test right down to IP.

I now have a static IP (10.0.0.136), am using a Marconi Premium Combo router, DHCP is disabled, I have forwarded the port 49661, but still nothing seems to work. I am not randomising ports, and UPn port mapping is not enabled. I have encryption enabled and uT has been added to the Windows firewall, as well as the port I am trying to forward. NAT-PMP mapping is enabled. I have also associated teh .torent files in windows integration.

Sorry if this is TMI, but short of handing out all my settings I really have no idea what to do anymore.

Please forgive the dumb question.. is the WAN side of your router getting a real internet (external) IP?

If it also is under 10.x.x.x or 172.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x then you're still firewalled external to your isp point of presence and cannot forward ports. You will have to rely on your settings being fair according to your Speed Guide (Ctrl-G) results..

Archived