uTorrent 1.3 incompatible with Kerio ?

Tares

hi,

i've upgraded from 1.2.2 and it went wild... Kerio had 100% cpu usage, my connection have been disconecting like every 5 mins... when i've cleaned my registry from uTorrent and downgraded it to 1.2.2 everything is fine ( i'm gonna stick to it for a while ) but u have any ideas what was the cause ?

Is it Kerio Firewall (aka Winroute) or Kerio Personal Firewall you're talking about?

If it's the personal firewall, you can always try closing µTorrent and then removing µTorrent from the Trusted Programs in KPF. Start µTorrent again and see if it's better.

Also, is it kpfgui.exe or kpf4ss.exe(?) process that's not liking something?

I use Kerio Personal Firewall v4.2.2 with µTorrent v1.3 and have no problems whatsoever. It has full access permissions on Kerio and UPnP's it's port on the router.

The only time I had it crash is when I tried to use Morpheus. But that's because upon launching the program tried to near simultaneously open some 1k+ connections. Crashed Kerio and itself >.>

Is it Kerio Firewall (aka Winroute) or Kerio Personal Firewall you're talking about?

If it's the personal firewall, you can always try closing µTorrent and then removing µTorrent from the Trusted Programs in KPF. Start µTorrent again and see if it's better.

Also, is it kpfgui.exe or kpf4ss.exe(?) process that's not liking something?

i'm talking about kerio personal firewall 4.2.2 and i done that few times... no changes...

the kpf4gui.exe is killin' the cpu

I was having that problem while using iroffer with KPF 4.2. Didn't manage to fix it though.

Try downloading and running FileMon (http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html) and look in the log to see what the kpf4gui.exe process is doing.

There should be entries like this:

385 12:27:14 PM kpf4gui.exe:<PID> OPEN <path_to_executable> SUCCESS Options: Open Access: All

If there are many looped queries looking like that, post what file kpf4gui.exe is trying to open.

Edit: I found an article recommending to uncheck "Resolve address" in Overview -> Connections when using p2p apps. You should try that first.

I was having that problem while using iroffer with KPF 4.2. Didn't manage to fix it though.

Try downloading and running FileMon (http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html) and look in the log to see what the kpf4gui.exe process is doing.

There should be entries like this:

385 12:27:14 PM kpf4gui.exe:<PID> OPEN <path_to_executable> SUCCESS Options: Open Access: All

If there are many looped queries looking like that, post what file kpf4gui.exe is trying to open.

thanks for replay but i just couldn't take it anymore ^^ i've changed kerio to other firewall and as for now everything is working perfectly.

Ah, the irony. I gave up on KPF after a few hours and switched to Sygate, couldn't be happier. But for some reason I cannot configure it to let Azureus listen, and I'm always firewalled when I run Azureus (something I do as rarely as possible). For other BT clients, including µTorrent, it's happy to open the port.

Nice to hear. I just hope you didn't choose BitDefender since that's known to cause problems as well :D

and you missed my edit, but it doesn't matter anymore then :)

hehe, no ^^ i've changed to Armor2net cause Outpost and Sygate caused problems on my pc :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I have found that disabling "Resolve Addresses" in the overview section fixed the Kerio problem for me. Packet Filter rules are in place to allow incoming connections on my specified port in µTorrent for both TCP and UDP from any AND allow all outbound TCP and UDP to from any port to any remote port. These rules are application specific.

Regards

MP

Archived