Uploading question?

billd

I am apart of a lot of public trackers, and sometimes while i'm uploading there are red arrows beside the torrents say offline(timed out). My question is, will my stats at that tracker be updated with how much i have uploaded or will my stats stay the same?

I think you mean private. If you do not announce correctly to the tracker then no. It depends if the offline error is persistent or intermittent for a fix. Does ti happen at the same time every day? If it's persistent then you have something in your configuration keeping you from announcing within the interval (I think uT gives the announce a 60 second timer, if it doesn't respond within that time it is considered timed out). In this event you need to double check your settings to be sure you're not using too much upload, AND that you're not overloading your connection with half-open connections or too many connections causing high churn which increases upload past the limits of your line even if you're not uploading anywhere near the max for your linespeed.

Go through http://utorrent.com/setup_guide.php

The thing is only happens when i use newer versions of utorrent like 1.7.7 or 1.8 beta. I have an older version that works perfect, but one of the trackers i use won't allow it. I also went through the setup guide and double checked my settings.

How old a version are you talking? Have you gone through Ultima's How-To for Troubleshooting ... it covers things which can cause permanent timeout state. Most common causes are overloaded connection bandwidth-wise and peer-wise. Lessening your upload should help in the former case. The latter requires lowering per-torrent and global peers as well as net.max_halfopen in Ctrl-P -> Advanced

Can you report back the process you followed and if it changed anything? Timeout should only happen temporarily... uT should allow you to re-announce once a minute, so if it times out, right click update tracker should remedy that. Is this not the case?

Sorry I don't have an exact "this will fix it" for you :/

Hey no problem, i've tried that but thank you for your help. This has only happened of recently and i've readjusted all my connections hoping something would work. It could be overloaded from the tracker as well, but i'm always looking for an alternate answer just in case. One question though, i have not tried open office yet, and would that maybe run a test that could pin point exactly what the problem could be?

You don't need to fully download either, let alone download both, but the problem is they are highly seed heavy both with # and speed, so you'll be lucky to upload consistently to any peer on there.

If you download say 5%, and PAUSE the torrent, let it run for a while, you will have to keep track of the Tracker Status, as while on PAUSE you won't see the icon change colouring when the tracker times out. You could I guess alternatively set the file to Do Not Download, which will set you as Seeding status and register the tracker status in the icon instead. Your choice. Point being if it doesn't happen on that tracker ALSO there is some oddity with those other trackers :(

Archived