Frustrated!

justclox

I am having problems!

When I leave utorrent running overnight my computer hardly operates... The sound is all chopped up so it is useless. Utorrent can not be closed other than by restarting the computer. Firefox does not even load let alone run, and the computer takes for ever to power off. Oh what fun!!

My computer is a HP 8180uk Intel Quad 2.4 Gh machine with 3071Mb of RAM and a 4Gb memory stick installed, running Vista Home Premium and Zone Alarm security Suite. I have a lot more programs installed. They are iPOD related, Graphics, sound, Firefox, Forte Agent, etc.

I really don't know what to do to solve this problem.

The only times I've heard about multi-core being problematic is when other http://utorrent.com/faq.php#Incompatible_software is at fault :/

In any case getting 1) the process explorer log with show % CPU usage if it's actually uT or Interrupts/DPC 2) the hijackthis log will point out all running and set-to-run processes which may include other incompatible software included in the new 1.8 User Manual but not updated to the FAQ

I owe a special thank you to "GTHK".

Even thought I had recently paid for a 2 year subscription to Zone Alarm I took the advice and removed all Zone Alarm products.

My list of problems immediately disappeared and I now have a good responsive computer.

To cover the loss of Firewall etc. I have loaded the AVG free items.

THANK YOU!!

There's always a chance you could get a full subscription refund... how recent did you buy it? Or would you posting on their forums/email with this issue and expressing a desire to FIX it with whatever tools they need to make it work well with filesharing programs (uT in this case) may put their nose to the grindstone as it were :)

In either case enjoy the stable computer :D

Archived