avast! claiming that µTorrent contains Win32:Posion-DU trojan

Envyone

1.8 is the only way for me to fix this issue, as im sure it was for most, glad it worked i about beat the sh(*& out of my laptop today, glad i checked here, so i figured i'd register and say a few words.

thanks for the help guys.

happy downloading

Quoting

Ultima

Moderator Re: avast! claiming that µTorrent contains Win32:Posion-DU trojan

The high CPU usage doesn't sound like normal behavior to me... If you want to try troubleshooting that, post in a new thread with the following pieces of information:

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents in the new thread

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file in the new thread

Additionally, in check Start > Run > devmgmt.msc, check your primary and secondary IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' properties to see if any of the connected devices' current transfer modes are in PIO. Post all of this in the new thread.

Unquote

Er - I don't think I'll bother thank you. I never have the problem except when I'm using utorrent. I think that kind of settles what exactly is causing it.

...[noparse]

[/noparse] is much cleaner. Either you want assistance or you don't. If you don't there's no need to respond with such ignorance. uTorrent does not use excessive CPU cycles when you're setup right. Many things cause increased resource usage, including hooked processes and (as Ultima suggested) degraded-speed in the controllers.

Archived