Problems with Prolink 9200 modem, utorrent crashes

cirmar

I recently switched ISPs, and my new ISP issued me a ProLInk Hurricane 9200 adsl modem. I followed all the instructions on www.portforward.com on how to forward ports for utorrent, but everytime i check the port Speed Guide, I get the message that my port is not forwarded properly!

But on the status bar, I always get the green checkmark that says my network is OK.

Also, I now use utorrent 1.7.7, and I noticed that it always crashes! At least twice or 3x a week.

This is so frustrating since I leave utorrent on for several hours (often overnight), and when I get back to it, it has crashed!

PLEASE HELP ME. What should I do to prevent the crashes?

How do I forward the port for utorrent? i am using port 63582. Can you recommend what port I should use?

Dear GTHK: YES !!! That' EXACTLY my modem!! It doesn't seem to have a built in router from the specs.. and it is attached to only ONE PC.

Please help. How do I port forward? I get the green check that my network is OK, but whenever I do the port check, I always get "port is not open"..

What next?

You're only using one computer? Go into the modems settings, see if it has PPPoA/PPPoE set, set it to bridge mode, and if it does have PPPoA/PPPoE then configure it on the computer, my signature has a configuration guide for Win XP. Also, disable UPnP/NAT-PMP in µTorrent.

Archived