System Mechanic Professional 7 Personal Firewall

malarune

I recently got System Mechanic Professional 7 Personal Firewall and added µtorrent to its safe list for outgoing and for incoming, I also added it to the exception list for the Windows Firewall (I have Vista Home Premium) and my µtorrent doesn't work anymore. I have tried reinstalling. It worked fine before I got the firewall, can someone help me get it to work without having to waste the $30 I payed for System Mechanic Professional 7?

Does that mean you tried it? If the firewall you paid for does not allow access to programs you've made exceptions to I'd check with their support email. They may be able to point you to something you missed. (It helps in this case to reference pages in their KB or help you've already gone through to perhaps pass to an escalation level of support ;) )

I wouldn't know... you usually open the PORT you have under Ctrl-G in uT. As far as IPs... you usually allow INbound on your listening port, outbound on any port unless you override the Ctrl-P -> Advanced ougoing_port and outgoing_max_port options. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=7862 is a list of software firewall settings... it's all I can reference for you. :/

Archived