What is the difference between BitComet and µtorrent?

Skateoholic

Can someone help me tweak my µtorrent to optimal performance?

You probably need to increase your upload slots per torrent.

Set it to 20 upload slots. Assuming you can actually reach 10 mbps upload speeds, that works out to be about 40-60 KB/sec per upload if you're running 1 torrent at a time.

If you're running lots of torrents at once, you'll need to reduce upload slots to only 5-10. Try to set it so each upload slot can upload at >20 KB/sec -- that way whoever you're uploading to will see you as probably the biggest or next biggest uploader to them, and they'll upload back to you...probably with over half their upload speed.

Set max speeds to:

1100 KB/sec for download

900 KB/sec for upload

If things seem stable at those speeds, try a little higher.

If pingtimes seem a little high or web surfing is slowed any, reduce those speeds a little. (like 50 KB/sec at a time.)

You have to test, because even if your line is a 'perfect' 10mbps line there's possibly other hidden bottlenecks on your computer that will slow it down.

Or ignore what Ic3d0g said and use the beta. :P

By the way, 1.3 limits you to 10 upload slots. The betas raise the uncapped limit to 20, and if you cap your upload, the limit of slots is your upload cap divided by 3. :P

You have no need to cap your download.

Also, BitComet is lying to you if you get 1.8 MiB/s on a 10mbit line, since the maximum physical amount your line can transfer is about 1.22 MiB/s WITHOUT including TCP overhead. :rolleyes:

1.8mb/s in Bitcomet wow! I've seen heaps of BitComet n00bs over at http://bitcomet.p2pforums.com who'd probably dry hump a dog's leg to get those speeds! :-). In fact I'd seriously consider it for those speeds.

Even ADSL2+ isn't going to be that great here yet upload wise. As the current plans are 24000/1000 which is a stupid download upload ratio and even then they come with 40gb download caps.

Archived