uTorrent Freezes Direct Downloads and Youtube

danzig

Good day,

I recently acquired an (up to) 384 kbps ADSL connection. Since then, everytime I download from a website while uTorrent runs, it freezes at about 3-5 MB. Youtube videos only plays for a minute until it freezes. If I close uTorrent, the downloads and videos will run perfectly. This never happened with the old 128 kbps wireless connection.

FYI, my uTorrent is seeding about 40 torrents (only 1-2 is active) and leeching 3. The port is forwarded.

Thanks, guys.

Until your peer information gets removed from the DHT database you'll still get pings on it even if you disable DHT now. If your router cannot handle the connections for DHT and you have DHT off try turning down those settings for when you're actively torrenting. If eventually your router dies after using filesharing you should check to see if you can give it an alternate firmware to improve the limitations (obviously) it is given you.. the possibilty of freezng when running while away, or simply the inability to pass the traffic efficiently enough.

Are you SURE you werent setting upload too high, and that the sticky doesn't have an information pertinent to you?

I've tried the stuff on the sticky thread (except the patch), and now my downloads don't freeze, but the speed seems to drop about 50%, even though I limit the uTorrent download speed to 1 kB/s or even stop leeching. Why is this?

upload limit: 9 kB/s

upload slots: 3

connections: 30

connections (global): 35

max active torrents: 4

max active downloads: 2

no dht, no upnp, no nat-pmp, no ip resolving, patched TCPIP.sys.

EDIT:

guys, the problem seems to be solved now. maybe it's because having installed the tcp.sys patch. thanks for all your help, guys!

Archived