helping a friend to a better ratio

oranje supporter

I invited a friend to join torrentleech, but he's struggling to survive the first 6 days. Now i have an idea to boost up his ratio. I figured to do that i would just download a torrent he's got, and pick him as the sole seeder. That would help his ratio (not mine unforunately), and no harm is done to torrentleech.

Unfortunately i have no clue how to do this, how to pick him as a sole seed for my download. HELP !

kurahashi, thanks for your reply but i have no clue whatsoever about pasting it in my torrent properties ? Do you maybe mean i should login at the torrentleech site under his name ? and continue seeding my own downloads so that it counts for his ratio?

EDIT:

Switeck, thank goodness it works ! thank you !

costs some patience,but he's getting there !

I wonder how the hell i was able to survive the 1st weeks getting a good 'survivable ratio' .

Private torrents - usually - identify users by their passkey. Check the tracker address in torrent properties, you'll see something like that:

http://tracker.blahblah.net/announce.php?passkey=218321ad423419d231abb

Now, if your friend give you his passkey, and you paste it in your torrent properties, everything you do with this torrent will go to his account.

I've been file sharing since dial-up days.

Even a low-end broadband connection can send out a surprising amount of data over the course of 1 week of 24/7 uploading.

Maintaining a ratio, at least one on an active tracker that only requires a 0.5:1 ratio, should be pretty easy. Requiring a 1:1 ratio just means you'll be running all the torrents you can at once...not good if the tracker gets raided.

Archived