upgraded to utorrent 1.8, having problems since

untropomorfi

I had similar problems since updating to 1.8.3., I also use NOD32 as my PC is PIII with only 384 RAM :/ So it struggles these days....

Before updating to 1.8.3 everything was working fine, port forwarding NOD32 no complaints.

Anyway - With 1.8 build 11903, I only seemed to be able to get 2 downloads active at one time... regardless of what else I tried or changed in Pref.

( eg. net.max_halfopen is set to 6...)

I've just updated from v 1.8 build 11903 to build 11962 and this seems, maybe, to have fixed this problem as all 6 of my downloads are now speeding along again as usual :)

• 3 weeks later...

Would like to know if any one can give me the 1.7.7 version. I tried searching on my HDD but could not find it.

I am facing similiar problems. The scheduler also doesn't seem to be working. I have set the scheduler to only seed during day time but it is downloading also during day time.

Regards,

Vineet

guys, believe it or not, i was having the same problem but disabling upnp port mapping did the trick. i dont know if its temporary. i dont also know why. but my guess is it has to do with some of the updates to xp. i hope this helps someone out there.

Already have that disabled and having the same problem too. I'm looking forward to the day when this is fixed. Question is....why are there only a dozen of us on the forums complaining about this?

Would like to know if any one can give me the 1.7.7 version.

<munched - Banned - I don't have the patience for you - DWK>

Hi,

I'm having the same problem since I upgraded.

It seems to be working fine for the first few minutes. Then suddenly all the peers disappear and the download time becomes infinite. I have to exit utorrent completely and restart it. To finish downloading my files I have to repeat this procedure.

I did not have this problem with the previous version of utorrent.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

I just want to also note that I am also having this issue. I have to reboot utorrent on a daily basis to keep my seeds going (since they all turn red with down arrow after a few hours). Some times it goes a day before going red, but some times it only takes like an hour. Nothing in my network / firewall has changed. Just the upgrade to 1.8.

Hi Ultima,

I tried disabling upnp port mapping, as suggested by novice71, but I still had same problem. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

I upgraded to 1.8.1 Beta and downloaded a 130 MB torrent without problems.

I'll test some larger torrents later on and if I run into any similar problems I'll report back.

Thanks

found this thread through google, registered specifically to say I have exactly the same problem!!!

which tracker it is doesn't matter for me, for a little while i had an idea that uTorrent maxed out on tcp connections, but changing tcpip.sys in winXP didn't fix it.

rebooting uTorrent every once in a while fixes this, otherwise different settings don't help. When in this faulty state, can't add torrents, number of seeds/peers just stays at 0.

trying a new build overnight, let's see if it avoid the bad place ))

Archived