Utorrent1.8 is born to trouble me

mshl8188

Hi,

I am experiencing this problem since I upgraded my utorrent. I am actually not a fan of UPDATED software because of the problems and the new versions are usually worse than the older ones. Right, here I have more than 200 seeds and I am still not able to connect to any 1 of them, the dl speed sucks, forget uploading and I also tried the suggestions on youtube on how to speed utorrent and stuff, I always see a red circular symbol with an exclamation mark saying there are no connections and some times also a yellow triangle which again complains of the connections, when I check my port I see its open and working fine( I did it by right clicking on the yellow icon in the taskbar of utorrent and clicked on " test if port is forwarded properly")

PLEASE REPLY, PLEASE HELP.......

Out of the 20+ videos I saw on youtube, I didn't see one that offered good advice. Every one of them suggests at least one totally outrageous setting.

2nd link in my signature goes the opposite route of most speedup methods...but it works rather well for lots of people.

Hi,

Thanks for that reply. Due to increased disconnectivity of utorrent and its inability to connect to the seeds I actually stopped using the utorrent 1.8. Instead, I am currently using the Bittorrent6.0.3. which is actually working much better. I think thats the best solution I found out myself. IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE UTORRENT 1.8 THEN USE SOME OTHER CLIENT. Dont crack your head on this piece of s h i t . I am thankful for your reply.

hello dreadwing,

I am sorry for not providing you the answer to the questions you asked, firstly, I am a bit new to this stuff and didnt really understand all those links you provided. I am thankful for your sincere efforts that you have applied in our concern. I think I have found a temporary solution, I have posted my reply to another fellow user on the same page. I was in a bit of hurry to download a media file, so, i guess that was another reason why I didnt get into this thing really deep and find out the solution. call me negligent of anything, I apologise for the inconvinence caused.

thanks again

Archived