I'm unable to seed.

tbreise07

Hi.

Same problem here :/ Turning off avp/firewall didn't help. I thought it was proxy causing the problem, but when I set it to none and restarted uTorrent it didn't solve anything. The download speed is ok, there are peers and the upload speed is 0.

I don't get any error in the tracker status window or in the log.

It happens only on 2 private trackers. When I'm downloading from demonoid,which is also a private tracker, it works perfectly, so I suppose it's not the utorrent fault. Downgrading uTorrent to v.1.7.7 didn't heelp either.Anyway, if anyone has any idea how to solve this problem,I would be grateful. sorry for my english. Cheers.

Hi.

I'm using KIS 8, and uTorrent is in exceptions list.I didn't uninstall the aplication,but I've closed the process in process manager.No change at all.

And yes, I can dowload these torrents,and it works fine(connecting to seeds and peers).

As I said before,I think the problem is probably the tracker, not uTorrent.

Cheers.

I'm having a similar problem. I am new to all of this and in one program I have no problems uploading. It's a bit slow sometimes but I think thats because I keep my download rate capped. But in utorrent it doesn't upload at all. Not even when specifically seeding a torrent, no downloading. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Closing/disabling KIS and most other firewalls to check for interference doesn't count, you HAVE to uninstall it to be sure, and it has to be a full uninstall (removing only the firewall component in KIS doesn't work, I checked after some connection issues).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm running into the same problem as the above folks.

I've previously had no problem seeding at 90+KB 24/7, however this last Friday I installed NOD32 AV and COMODO's firewall, and I suddenly stopped seeding. I've added exceptions to the firewall, randomized the port a dozen times, etc, and still couldn't get it to seed.

So, I uninstalled Comodo and NOD32, hoping things would fix themselves, yet to no avail.

So, I did a system restore to 2 days prior to installing them, and same thing.

So I downloaded Azureus (Vuze now) and it's having the same issue. The swarm on any given torrent will list anywhere from 100 to 450 peers, however I can't seem to connect to any for any length of time.

For isntance, in the last hour or so, I have uploaded about 1MB, while I have torrents with over 3,000 combined peers in the swarm.

I don't know if Comcast finally caught on the my P2P usage on Friday and are blocking me, or if I just managed to screw something up to the point of no return. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Comcast..... That would be your problem.

Your gonna run into problems seeding. Only thing you can do ATM is run threw SSH / VPN. They will be going "protocol agnostic" by the end of the year though so you will be able to seed "normally" soon. Just realize that people will be slowed down in "high" network congestion if they are tranfering continuous amounts of data or large files. <--- Cant wait to see what all thats about... -_-

Archived