uTorrent hanging.

Krynj

Something is causing my uTorrent to hang/lag/freeze. Not my entire computer, just while I'm in the uTorrent window, navigating around the app. Every 5-10 seconds, it'll hang for a few seconds, and then repeat. Anybody know what causes this? It's not for a lack of system resources, either. Quad core with 4gb ram running XP x64.

uTorrent 1.8 11813

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem and I'm running Windows Server Std 2008 64-bit (same Windows 6 platform as Vista) with an AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core and 6 GB RAM.

Sometimes uTorrent hangs when I'm adding a torrent. Sometimes it hangs simply when I'm clicking around the various tabs to check the peers, files, etc. Sometimes I have torrents running and sometimes nothing.

My net.max_halfopen is set to 8 (the default?)

I'm running v1.8.1 (build 12639)

• 2 weeks later...

Im on server 2008 x64 and im experiencing the same problem. It will run for a few minutes, but will hang the entire system sooner or later. If uTorrent is not downloading however, the system is completely stable. Im pretty sure the problem is related to the Vista ones because the two 0S's share the same bloodline. Any ideas on what it may be?

I have 2 GB of ram, and am running an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor.

Thanks in advance!

Heres the Hijackthis report. Hope it helps!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=39d163f7bd947c8cd2db6fb9a8902bda

Edit: Ive been reading up on this issue, and it seemed that the error was due to my motherboard/processor. I have a GA-M61SME -S2 Motherboard and a AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4000+ processor. The cure was supposed to be update the motherboard drivers to current, which i have done, but still no go.

Crashing like always after a few minutes of uTorrent activity.

Edit(2): Also, my net.halfopen is 8.

Archived