Number of peers reseeding

geronimo

I generaly leave completed torrents for reseeding, until the default(1.5) limit is reached. On several occasions, the number of peers in the swarm exceeds the active peers, or even worse, none are active. Can anything be done to increase the number of active peers? Or is this strictly a function of bandwidth(No. of seeders, tracker quality, connectibilty of peers)? I belong to several private torrent org's and I like to maintain a comfotable ratio.

English = people who are not downloading all the files in the torrent. An example is that HUGE 136GB torrent that has all 200+ of the MST3K movies, you'd normally only download the one(s) you want. In this case I think it is expected for you to be a low down file skipping snake in the grass varmint <grin>. You can always change a "skipped" file to "normal priority" in uTorrent to download another. Personally I don't see what the problem is with being a "file skipper" if you are doing the 1.5 ratio thing on that torrent? Sorry, but I'm not going to download "The Toe Eating Horror from Planet Fungus" if I'm not going to watch it! ;-)

Thank you Switek. I was informed by another source that there are many variables, as to why high percentage of available peers don't usually avail themselves of my torrents, even though I'm fully port forwarded. It boils down to tracker qualty, seeders/peers ratio, connectivity of peers, qualty of their client, etc.

Archived