The Bittorent Scene

WICKEDT

Im just wondering what people think of whats going on with all these private sites. I like them a lot, but they seem to be copies of 1 main site. Just a few diffrent torrents is all thats really different.

Another think i hate is ratios, i try to give back 200% on every download, but its becoming increasingly harder to do because of circumstances beyond control. Ive been getting crap from a few for a while now because ive built a new computer, and am having difficulties making everything work. I download from 10 main sites, try and find the the same torrent twice. Ive now adopted a method of saving the damm torrent extension files in a seperate folder. Theres a feature that would be good, trace the torrent site to seed it.

Anyways, just curious to see whats said.

Thanls again guys, for the awsome program. :lol:

Im just wondering what people think of whats going on with all these private sites. I like them a lot, but they seem to be copies of 1 main site. Just a few diffrent torrents is all thats really different.

Another think i hate is ratios, i try to give back 200% on every download, but its becoming increasingly harder to do because of circumstances beyond control. Ive been getting crap from a few for a while now because ive built a new computer, and am having difficulties making everything work. I download from 10 main sites, try and find the the same torrent twice. Ive now adopted a method of saving the damm torrent extension files in a seperate folder. Theres a feature that would be good, trace the torrent site to seed it.

Anyways, just curious to see whats said.

Thanls again guys, for the awsome program. :lol:

Most sites look the same as they are based on the tbsource.

As too ratios. They are there for a reason. The whole points of torrents is sharing. If as you say you try and give back 200% on each torrent then you wouln't have a problem with a low ratio.

Speeds on private trackers are usualy good as their is usually a high s/l ratio.

Basically don't download then complain cos your ratio is low. ;)

Hey DemoN, I see you finally made it here aswell. :P

I run a so heavily modified version of the TB source that you can't even call it TB source anymore, but I don't use ratios. BitTorrent is about sharing files as fast as you can, without having to deal with ratios.

So far I'm not having any problems at all. People seed because they want to share stuff with eachother. Not because they have to keep up a decent ratio.

Yeah I get his point though. He wants to share but there's just too much competition to seed enough. (ie. many seeds, no peers). I think this is especially bad for mp3 ratio sites, I'd imagine not as much for big releases, since they're big and take a while to download.

Good question though.

People seed because they want to share stuff with eachother. Not because they have to keep up a decent ratio.

I agree EnzoF1, thats the way it should be. I used to be a courier way back in the BBS days. I loved getting new stuff for everyone. Just like i like to seed now for people trying to get a file, especially if its an app they need to fix something in their system. Id love to see your site if ya can pm me.

I hate how it feels when i get a warning for a hit and run when i have a 1.8 ratio, and i need something really bad. I jut re-seed it it in a couple days when im done what im doing. No room for mistakes like that on these sites. lol

WICKEDT

Hey DemoN, I see you finally made it here aswell. :P

I run a so heavily modified version of the TB source that you can't even call it TB source anymore, but I don't use ratios. BitTorrent is about sharing files as fast as you can, without having to deal with ratios.

So far I'm not having any problems at all. People seed because they want to share stuff with eachother. Not because they have to keep up a decent ratio.

Hi EnzoF1, you seem familiar.

Yeah I've been recommending this client to everyone :)

Yea same here...i've been telling everyone on my site to give it a try...

@WICKEDT: I run a tracker for racing torrents, like NASCAR, Formula 1, Rally..all that sort of crap..90% is capped by my users...i doubt you're interested in that sortta stuff. :lol:

I love being a member of a ratio'd tracker, it gives me PRIDE, and RESPECT for my fellow users, and builds a community, rather than just a leechfest!

If you don't like ratio's, then torrents just ARE NOT for you.

Im a member on quite a few ratio'd sites!... I choose this

a/ Because I prefer to be a REAL sharer

b/ I prefer to be part of a community of sharing, not just a leecher

c/ I respect ratio's, and im proud to see how much i've up/down and ratio is something im proud to have ACHEIVED

many more reasons... those are just a few :)

As I said, BitTorrent isn't made for ratios...so basicly, if you like ratios, then torrents ARE NOT for you...

But there is some truth in what you say. Smaller communties will need ratios, especially when it's a public tracker. Once you finally build a decent community, you should be able to remove ratios altogether without seeing it turn into a leechfest...

I love to share... and ratios are helpful for that...

I tried several times to uload new stuff on piratebay : each time, it took me more than 2 days to upload 700 Mb files because there are full of leech'tards who don't give a fuck about other users, just capping their upload to minimum &pausing their torrents when they can't leech other peers !

Now , on my 2 favorite beloved private and ratio-based trackers, with the same 30Ko ul bandwidth, it takes me only 8 hours before the first seed appears...

So basically, I can share... 6*more films with the same bandwidth on the same 2 days period, that's why ratio are so useful, not only to annoy people ;)

@Juju: That is exactly why private trackers are so important, and we want, and need to keep them that way :)

People are always much more appreciative of your efforts generally, ratios work for me, gives me pride to have something thats taken someone time and effort to prepare, upload, and be able to thank him/her in a community, rather than just a leechfest :D

Most of them are now invite only, but of course start out as any one can join

By going invite only, its a lot more secure, in the idea that people that join are asked to see their ratio's elsewhere. Meaning almost 100% guarantee that they are community players :D

Sometimes, the easiest way to get an invite, is going on the chat network associated with their tracker, get to know people, chat. And eventually ask for an invite

Most people won't just give-away their invites.. And that is because they've had to work hard for their invites in the first place.. Upload so much, have a ratio of over 1.05 for example... People who give invites are usually very welcoming, but also keep an eye on your ratio to make sure you're both doing ok, and not having problems

Thats the power of a community tracker, and i love it!!! :D

Archived