'Multi-tracker/DHT torrents not allowed' message

barcode

I've been uploading a series to a private forum and I've struck a problem with the latest episode. When I upload the torrent I get the message ''Multi-tracker/DHT torrents not allowed!' but I have listed only 1 tracker. I have just gone to version 1.8.1 so went back to 1.6 but got the same problem. I'm running Windows Xp with SP3. I had a look at the torrent and the tracker is mentioned twice. I'd attach the file but can't find how to do that.

Yes there was an announce-list key in the root dictionary so I removed it and was able to upload the torrent. How can I stop this happening when I create future torrents for this private forum?

Thanks very much for solving this problem, its very much appreciated. I tried getting help on the private forum but no one knew what I was talking about.

Thanks fellas I will do some testing to see if I can predict when it happens.

----

Well did some testing and created a number of torrents and the following seems to be the case: It's ok to have no CR (carriage return) or 1 CR. But if you have 2 or more CR's you will get an announce-list key in the root dictionary.

I'll watch this for a while to make sure this is 100% true.

Archived