uTorrent 1.8.1 build 12639 is bugged

Edmort

This version in Vista report no icon, the network performance slow-down, crashes with no apparent reason. It's bugged and I return for 1.8.0 build 11813, and everything is normal again.

My system: AMD X2 4800+, MB Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe, HD 750GB Seagate, 4GB DDR2 Kingston (800Mhz Dual Channel).

My SO: Windows Vista Ultimate 64bits.

Since I receive the automatic update for uTorrent, the program crashes begin.

I wiped out and reinstall the previous version. Now he is working fine.

I will wait for another version without bugs.

Thanks for the efforts and great work anyway!

Crashes for no apparent reason?? Report no icon? Please slow down and add more information like DWK says. Hardware is irrelevant unless you have a multi-core and are either not using Windows drivers for them (AMD optimizer usually mentioned, also in sticky) or have software which causes uT to bugger out on a specific core.

What software are you using? Have you removed utorrent's old rules and re added them. ESPECIALLY have you added uTorrent to your AV "exceptions" list for HTTP traffic monitoring?

Windows Vista Ultimate (updated) 64bits, Avast (updated), APC PowerChute (updated), NVidia ForceWare 178.13 Vista64, NVidia 6.02 SystemTools Vista64, nForce 15.23 drivers Vista64, SATA SiliconImage V10120 Vista64. These are the last drivers I have installed in my system.

The version 1.8 still working for me. One crash by now, I restart and the download/upload continues without new crashes.

Archived