Auto recheck & auto refresh

shekel20

Now and then, I got uTorrent finished downloading but I got CRC about one of the files or so.

As I re-checked the torrent, I saw that several of the files are just 90-99% completed.

In clients like bitcomet, you can make sure that everything's ok like that. uTorrent will auto re-check the torrent to see everything's ok and if not, continue downloading what's necesery.

Also to have an option that the tracker will auto-refresh in a period of time that can be modified.

Of course this option could be enabled or disabled.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure that this is not true! I used BitComet before but switched to uTorrent, cause everybody said that it is much lighter, and I don't have a very powerful computer. I really like uTorrent but saying that the tracker update interval is specified by the tracker is bull****! How come then for the same tracker in BitComet the update interval was 5 minutes and in uTorrent it is 30 minutes?

one of the many things why bitcomet is banned in most of the trackers :P

@Dasmith:

u may have been using only one tracker for everything, if u use many trackers u will see different times for update 30minutes being the most common, but i've also seen some going down up to 5mins

but saying that the tracker update interval is specified by the tracker is bull****!

No it's not

http://wiki.theory.org/BitTorrentSpecification

Tracker HTTP/HTTPS Protocol

The tracker responds with "text/plain" document consisting of a bencoded dictionary with the following keys:

* failure reason: If present, then no other keys may be present. The value is a human-readable error message as to why the request failed (string).

* warning message: (new) Similar to failure reason, but the response still gets processed normally. The warning message is shown just like an error.

* interval: Interval in seconds that the client should wait between sending regular requests to the tracker (mandatory)

* min interval: Minimum announce interval. If present clients must not reannounce more frequently than this.

* tracker id: A string that the client should send back on its next announcements. If absent and a previous announce sent a tracker id, do not discard the old value; keep using it.

* complete: number of peers with the entire file, i.e. seeders (integer)

* incomplete: number of non-seeder peers, aka "leechers" (integer)

peers: The value is a list of dictionaries, each with the following keys:

o peer id: peer's self-selected ID, as described above for the tracker request (string)

o ip: peer's IP address (either IPv6 or IPv4) or DNS name (string)

o port: peer's port number (integer)

Bitcomet just ignores it because it's that flawed.

Archived