More Encryption/advanced user menu

semicolin

The only reason why I am somewhat hesitant to transfer from vuze to utorrent mac is because it is missing these key features that i want:

Total Upload/DL (basic stat page)

more encryption settings, allow me to only allow encrypted connections

allow plugins, so that if i want peergardian i can just download the plugin to utorrent instead of dowloading anouther program and so on.

Yeah, I was wondering...

I was getting speeds of like 20 KB/S in Windows, and after changing many of the settings (some advanced settings), I would get speeds of 700 KB/S.

Now that I'm using the Mac client, the same thing is happening, but I have no clue how to change these "advanced settings" to increase my download speeds. I must find out how, or I'll always have a link to Windows...I wan't to lose that link!

Any ideas?

I can appreciate you thinking I don't know what I'm talking about. Here are the specs for my mactop.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro 17"

Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,2

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP12.0061.B03

SMC Version: 1.5f10

Serial Number: SystemSerialNumb

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Adium, no I must admit I haven't used that.

I am with NoOneButMe on this one, Mac prides itself with having a 'simple' and 'uncluttered' interface WHILE providing great customization. That is what sets it apart from the likes of MS Windows, where everything is either feature rich but cluttered or simple in both interface and functions.

Just adding to what he said, with mac apps the thing is that they are simple to use then if you want to do something advanced there is a seperate menu type interface that the normal user would have no idea how to even use, and for the advanced user it is a godsend because the advanced stuff is simplified. If you honestly thing that all mac apps are "simple" and have no advanced options you are mistaken. The thing is that most of them either use the terminal to configure advanced settings or you have to go through a few menus to get the settings but they are there none the less. With bittorrent if you want fast speeds you have to optimize the client to some extent, all Imasking is that for us users who actually know what they are doing we have the option to configure the client to our network. For instance if I want a certain encryption or to change where i get my peers (private trackers). If they were to add that for instance in file pereferences then a column called advanced then maybe have a button called like configure in the advanced tab or something along those lines, then uTorrent for mac would be unchallanged but until that happens a lot of users will stay on the client they are on including me.

@ Calcadium

ya the thing though is that what I wanted is for the people who want to configure the client to be able to. So for you if you go to lets say file then advanced then you would see the advanced settings, aka a whole entire different menu or just under file preferences have an advanced tab. This is very common in applications and usually there is also a reset to default button for those who want to experiment and stuff like that.

Thats inevitable. More features = More code = more chances for bugs. Then again, less code could = more chances for bugs as well if you dont check for certain things.

Just because you add features doesn't mean the size is going to increase exponentially. uTorrent for windows is 250kb and has as many or more features then pretty much any client out there.

Archived