Upload speed

Jomapil

Hi, there.

I have a doubt ( only one? ) about the table of Switeck about upload speed and other related characteristics.

In the first column ( CONNECTION TYPE ) the Upload Maximum refers to the upload maximum provided by the ISP ( THEORETICAL) or the calculated by the Speed Guide ( Speed test ) ?

Thank you for the explanation.

Cheers.

My table sets upload speed below what a line of those speeds SHOULD be capable of.

...At least up to 5 megabits/second upload. Beyond that, it gets closer to theoretical limits.

The 100 megabit/second upload one is impractical unfortunately as 100 megabit/second network cards/routers tend to only be about 80-95% usable. Even packet latency makes it harder to get much higher. :(

No, Switeck.

My ISP provides : Download - 24 Mbps and Upload - 1024 Kbps.

With µtorrent I attained the maxima real speeds : Download -~~ 450 KBps and Upload = 47 KBps this last one imposed by me accordingly the speed guide. I know the speeds also depend from the other peers and seeds. But even so, is this normal?

Thanks and good day.

You're probably not close enough to your ISP's connectors (DSLAMs)...so you're not getting the full amount. It's a limitation of their design.

Still, if you're able to upload at 47 KiloBYTES/second in uTorrent you can probably use settings close to (but just under) that.

Closest one under that is 448 kilobit/second upload settings, at 40 KiloBYTES/second max upload speed.

Excuse me, Switeck, but I didn't understand your last paragraph:

" Closest one under that is 448 kilobit/second upload settings, at 40 KiloBYTES/second max upload speed. "

Can you be more explicit?

Thanh you for your kindness and availability.

Cheers.

The settings on my chart that are closest but just under your max upload of 47 KiloBYTES/second is the 448 kilobit/second upload settings, at 40 KiloBYTES/second max upload speed, 4 upload slots, 40 connections per torrent, 100 global connections, 3 active torrents, 2 downloading torrents.

Archived