Best Settings for 1500/256.

bm069au

Hi all.

Im sure this has been asked b4 but I cant find a listing.

Ive been playing with the max upload rate, the max connections per peer and max connections.

Im really confused. If I limit my upload to 10k I get my full connection speed down but if I open it up with a 0 then my download slows to match my upload... wft ?

So Im really having problems here.

These are my settings.

Max upload 10

Max down 0

Max upload when no down 20

Max connections 500

per peer 45

upload slots 3.

DHT and Scraping enabled.

My ports are fine set manually on my router.

Id appreciate some help in solving my puzzle, and thanks in advance.

B.

Max upload when no down 20

This can be 0.

If I limit my upload to 10k I get my full connection speed down but if I open it up with a 0 then my download slows to match my upload... wft ?

When uploading unlimited, you're choking off your connection's ability to acknowledge downloaded pieces and request new pieces for download.

http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/38.html

did u use the speed wizard? it is really good (IMHO), as DreadWingKnight said, when u let ur connection to do unlimited upload only thing you gain is it not being able to send instructions for download, in fact u can't get the maximum upload that way either, you should limit it to somethen, the speed wizard says limit to 22kB/s, you should try it

The speed guide for 256 sets upload limit at 22. Currently my upload is at 22 but my normally 156 download is at 35 and hovering. So that didnt work. Any other ideas ?

Kicking my upload limit back to 10 again.

Merged post(s):

Ive played around with all the settings,

Max connections seems to work best at around 55.

Max total connections seems to work at around 450-500

Up slots 3.

I tried adjusting the half open slots to 20 as Im patched, but this only slowed me down.

Down speed is 156 hitting the ceiling of my connection

Upload is 11 which after hours of scewing around, gives the best download rate.

So what is the magic bullet for 256/1500 ? I want to seed as much as I can but Im restricted to 11k... makes me look really mean in the stats.

B.

EDIT by silverfire: Please do not double post

ok, try this one then: set ur per-torrent conections to 80, upload slots to 4, and upload limit to 20kB/s, then leave for like 10-15mins, that should give u enough speed, BTW how much time are you giving it to get ur max speed?

give a try to one of the OpenOffice torrents, to see if the problem is general

Archived