Ghost leecher?

µtorrent-User

Hi guys!

I am using µtorrent 1.4 and have the following question:

I just downloaded a torrent (~4GB) from a private anti leecher tracker and keep it seeding. The DHT status says "not allowed" (disabled from the creator), so I hope DHT is fully disabled for this torrent in my client. The peerlist on the trackerpage says, that there are 5 Seeders and 0 Leechers. But I have got one leecher in my µtorrent peerlist, which says he is using BitComet 0.61, got 85% of all data and just downloaded about 2 GB from me. I am still uploading to this leecher, but he doesnt appear in the tracker peerlist. So i asked a admin from the tracker page and she wanted the leecher's IP for identifying him. The columm "IP" says "85.14.216.**.unitedcolo.de". She said she doesn't find anybody with this ip. So i tried to get this IP verified with Bitcomet 0.61. BUT BitComet 0.61 didn't find this leecher and my Upload was @ 0 kB/s. After this i closed it and started µtorrent 1.4 again, and after a few seconds the leecher was in µtorrents peerlist and my upload was at 40 kB/s ... so why does this leecher appear in µtorrents peerlist and nowhere else?

I hope you can help me,

gz µt-User

I had this happen once to me as well, with the peer connecting using Azureus 2.3.0.6.. I repeatedly checked the tracker page, updated to tracker several times and couldn't figure it out. The next day the peer was still leeching from me but this time I did find the user on the tracker's page. So it could be that the user's client is/was not updating to tracker and was shown as timed out perhaps?

Still a little unsure of it myself.

Perhaps he is a cached peer in µTorrent?

very possible, also if not being noticed by utorrent it could mean this peer has a dynamic IP and didnt update his new IP to the site so tracker doesnt see him, but having a cached list of the users before he could still be downloading normally

Archived