Tracker timeout in utorrent, but works in Azureus

haggod

hey there,

since azureus is slowing my system down i'd like to switch to utorrent. on doing that i stumbled across the following problem:

a few torrents that are downloading fine with azureus won't connect to the tracker in utorrent. i get a tracker-timeout message in azureus, but the torrents still download fine. all these torrents are on rather busy trackers, but like i said, they download in azureus but just won't connect in utorrent. does anybody have a clue what's causing this?

edit: dht is enabled

any help would be greatly apreciated!

The DHT implementation in µTorrent is different than that of Azureus (µTorrent uses DHT from Mainline and BitVomit, Azureus has its own separate DHT). Maybe that's why it isn't working in µTorrent. :/ I don't know what to say, maybe you should finish them in Azureus after all and then load your new torrents in µTorrent?

The DHT implementation in µTorrent is different than that of Azureus (µTorrent uses DHT from Mainline and BitVomit, Azureus has its own separate DHT). Maybe that's why it isn't working in µTorrent. :/ I don't know what to say, maybe you should finish them in Azureus after all and then load your new torrents in µTorrent?

Thanks for your help, that's what I'm doing anyway, I was just hoping for a way to solve the problem for new torrents that may not load in µTorrent.

sorry for mentioning specific torrents, i'm new here...

i can't find anything in utorrent telling me how many DHT peers are connected. it only says 'Peers: 0 of 0 connected (0 in swarm)' and 'DHT status: waiting for announce'. am i looking in the wrong place?

In the bottom centre of the program, in the status bar, next to your global download and upload speeds is where it says DHT: XXX peers. If it doesnt give a number of peers, then what does it say?

allright, now i know what you mean - it says 'DHT: waiting to log in', then changes to 'DHT: 0 peers (log in)' just to go back to 'DHT: waiting to log in' after a few seconds. it's doing that over and over again.

Make sure you're not running both clients at the same time, and make sure your firewall isn't blocking µTorrent

i am not running both clients at the same time and my firewall is not blocking utorrent. i already downloaded files at great speed, just the ones with tracker problems won't download, so i guess there's a DHT problem?

so your accessing a lan, but dont have the ability to configure the network, if i understand your set-up correctly.

That would explain why Azureus works then, as it uses NAT Traversal for DHT. Utorrent doesn't.

But i may be wrong in saying thats the cause of your problem. It would help if someone with more knowledge pitched in here.

Archived