utorrent 1.8.1

trev12

is there something wring with 1.8.1 i got a message asking not to use 1.8.1 on a torrent site i go to because its giving falsw readings here is the message

plz read until further notice could all members plz not use utorrent 1.8 on this site as it is giving out false readings

thankyou

sent to all members and staff

They likely don't have a good reason. Ask them what it is. There are no known issues with incorrect stats from legitimate µTorrent clients. If there were, we'd know by now, because several large sites have reported issues in the past directly to us.

here is there reason the reason we have said dont use it is we have found alot of members using the client with false stats its not updating the tracker properly azureas aka vuze is another 1 that if you use it you get no karma points these r the only 2 clients that do not work properly on here you can use any other client you want to use if you want to use utorrent 1.8 do so but if you find you have a warning are even your account banned you know why 1 members was showing with 2tb down on a 700mb torrent and 1 tb up thats how bad it is also toffa i did ban this client months ago when it first came out as it was giving s**t stats then but reports started comming in from other sites saysing it was now working well so i re allowed it so no i am not behind on this utorrent 1.6 is the best client to use on here correct stats and correct karma is given so i would say get the utorrent 1.6 also i have now issued a mass pm as to why i asked for a change from the 1.8 now its up to all members they can stay with it r change it and of cource i know members use all other sites ffs i even advertise other sites on my home page

And yet, other large trackers that actively watch for cheaters have yet to make similar complaints.

I'm inclined to believe that they're either seeing cheater fake their client ID (and the tracker administrators don't have suitable methods of detecting faked IDs), or they're just spewing some fabricated story.

Archived