Utorrent and Windows 7 Issues?

dravekx

I have alsoo problems on windows 7, i first upgraded from vista, then I instaled a fresh windows 7x86, know I'm using x64. I have forworded corectly the port on the ruter firewall, and allsoo utorrent is in bitdefender firewall permision. The circel in utorrent it's green and says ok. But if I take a port test say that "does not appear to be open".

If I stop bitdefender firewall port it's open. But why not open with the firewall on, becouse i permited utorrent in the firewall to acces any port. I realised that some times when I put UAC on the port works. I tried run with compatibility mod for vista, xp, as administrator but same problem.

I have a laptop with same antivirus, but with vista and the port is always on, wat's up with windows 7?, and alsoo slow speeds on internet with utorrent activated.

Ok know it's working, but only if I use the same port that I use on my laptop 61235.

But I don't understand becouse the ruter firewall is set like this:

bj3gx.jpg

And it is ok to use the same port on both computers?

PS:It worked only when the laptop was turned on.

you said"Your firewall is clearly misconfigured."

I reinstaled my vista instaled the same antivirus and firewall I put the real port 61234 and it works great even if user account control is off or on, and the pc works great too, no more erorr reports, now more questions if my programs are instaled corectly.

RE: I think that it's clearly that windows 7 misconfigured the bitdefender firewall.

I hope in the future new utorrent versions will work better on windows 7. And alsoo I think they realease the seven too soon. Hope fore an seven sp1.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I don't know if it helps but I'll give it a try...

I read this forum before i upgraded from Vista to 7 (64bit) so I was quite scared and ready to switch to unwanted azureus to be able to download again. But after the upgrade I encountered no problems, w firewall is on, I use nod32. Everything works fine, I've downloaded multiple torrents now and nothing went wrong. The only difference I see between me and the rest of you guys is that i use an older version of uTorrent. Some time ago a friend recommended this version to me, because it was the last stable version at the time (not officially stable - crash-wise but more like experienced-user-stable) and after that version, there were some changes made to the program that allowed compromise of your machine or something - I'm on thin ice here, I'm no expert, but the guy who recommended this was. Back to the point, there's plenty of new versions out now, and I render it highly probable that this won't help you, but it works for me so I thought I'd share. It's worth a try at least.

I'm using uTorrent 1.6.1 (build 490)

If this helps anyone, let me know ;)

Boomer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I also have Windows 7 and am getting problems, although files do eventually download. The other big problem I have is that when UTorrent is running, it seems to block the internet access for IE and Firefox. Any ideas what to do about that? With XP I had no problems whatsoever.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I started to use windows 7 and experienced the "access denied" error.

i'm using uTorrentportable, installed on an external harddrive, and the error was with files that I started to download on some other pc, and wanted to continue to download on my new pc with windows 7 (logged in with the only account I have there)

I solved it temporarily by adding all permissions for "Users", under "properties" for that folder and (partially) downloaded files, as it had "read" permission only.

although I do not know why there is an option "Users" at all.

"Administrators" - it has all permissions of course.

It seems that the permanent fix for this issue is what user "group2004" posted here earlier together with some screenshots.

I wasn't upgrading from windows XP, so I ticked the check-box for "run this program as an administrator" only, and it seems it works !!

weird thing is this was not required with windows XP.

great hint "group2004", thanks !!

Archived