How do I block certain file types from being downloaing?

aweir

isn't there an option to block certain file types (.exe., wmv, ect.) from being downloaded? I have version 1.8.2 but I can't find an option anywhere. Someone I live with repeatedly downloads .exe games that are infected with spyware and trojans! Rather than having to rely on my antivirus, I want to prevent any executable from being downloaded within utorrent.

Why isn't there an option for this?

• 6 months later...

I will say it would be nice to have the RSS download filter be a bit more intelligent. More and more now there's the anti-P2P uploads of WMV files to public trackers that provide RSS.

The problem is that the title may still contain AVI but the file type is WMV. Doing NOT *wmv* doesn't quite work. I'm not really concerned about their stupid DRM crap or the malware they may contain or even EXE's it's easy to deal with that by ignoring and deleting.

It's just a little bit of a pain to have to redownload content because some jerk uploaded some fake file hours before it even airs.

• 7 months later...

"It's just a little bit of a pain to have to redownload content because some jerk uploaded some fake file hours before it even airs."

indeed, it sucks ass, I get home from work or whatever, I see that a show or 2 has downloaded, fire up the xbox and tv only to get the stupid message that I don't have the license to watch this, I then have to go back and find a good file to redownload. If blocking extensions is hard or problematic for some reason, how about if the rss feed removes the entry this could possibly be used to set the smart episode counter back and check for other files and, as an option, could also be set to delete the file/s downloaded using the files pulled from the rss feed.

Archived