no incoming connections

Nahvi

hi , first i wanna thank the team to port utorrent for mac, cos i see some people who complain, and who are not very kind to the team , remember it's a beta ... and do act like that or the utorrent team may decide to stop the project ...

i was on 0.9.4 and i had no trouble with it , i downloaded 0.9.1 this morning ( im in france ) and everything seems nice at the beggining, exept that after 10 minutes or so , all my torrent are active but they dont download anything suddenly .... for hours, if i retry the older version it works like a charm , but this version strangely stop DL or UL anything after a moment,

im on a mac pro the more recent one, with leopard 10.5.6

i dont have spinning beach ball, or freezing at all ... i'l will start the app again the see il the light stay's green as always ... i forgot to check this .

so if anyone have an idea , i already redownloaded all the torrent files , to force a recheck , but it doesnt solve the problem .

anyway , im sure utorrent will became a reference , like on windows, just give it time .

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

download rate gradually drops to 0 after a period of about 30 minutes.

downgrading to 0.9.0.4 fixes this issue --> download rate remains constant.

also, not sure if this is related or not but several websites and other internet services slowed down drastically with this app running....

i'm on:

osx 10.5.6, 2.4 Ghz core 2 duo

2 Gb 1GB DDR3 ram

"Because you didn't troubleshoot, the problem IS STILL THERE."

True enough, but my knowledge of programming is absolutely ZERO, so I wouldn't know HOW to troubleshoot....:-(

And with version 0.9.0.4 it's much easier (since I get incoming connections) to maintain a decent share-ratio, it about sharing after all, isn't it?

Same thing, it maybe something to do with the application firewall in osx 10.5. When i turned it to allow all incoming connections, I was able to download files. Except for one, but that might be the specific torrent or tracker. I reinstalled the older version and that one torrent did still is stalled. I'll try reinstalling 9.1 when I have something else to download through bit torrent and see if the problem comes back with the firewall turned on.

--

I'd also suggest to anyone that can check to see if it's the stealth mode in the advanced button menu on the firewall that might do it. I tried many different things and can't say for certain if the stealth mode tick changes the behaviour or not. But as I said before I was able to download files with the firewall set to allow all incoming connections.

added a random torrent. Downloads fine (although I have to set upload to 5kB/s otherwise all traffic on my network degrades, but this seems to set dl to max at about 30 kB/s which is separate i know but just wondering 10 let's it go up) quit program. Updated by replacing the previous version with 0.9.1 from dmg. allowed incoming connections for utorrent once. utorrent hung.

console messages:

2/16/09 1:08:11 AM uTorrent[818] *** _networkReachabilityChangedCallback got flags: -r-----

2/16/09 1:08:11 AM uTorrent[818] networkReachabilityDidChange: NSConcreteNotification 0x16268490 {name = BitTorrentNetworkReachabilityDidChangeNotification; object = 1}

In the appfirewall.log a bunch of stealth connection attempts are recorded starting from when I launched the new version of utorrent. Forcequit utorrent re launched.

edit for stealth connection log entry:

Feb 16 01:28:57 COMPUTERNAMEREPLACED Firewall[41]: Stealth Mode connection attempt to TCP IP:PORTREPLACED from IP:PORTREPLACED

(replaced some semi personal info my computer name and the ips/ports)

Hangs again.Turned off stealth mode. forcequit utorrent. relaunch hangs. Turned off firewall. relaunched didn't hang. network indicator is orange. download is slow. Speeds up but doesn't seem consistent. fluctuates. Turn on firewall. No change. Enabled stealth mode. No change. quit utorrent, relaunched. no hangs. still orange.

console message from shutdown:

2/16/09 1:23:57 AM uTorrent[872] An instance 0x28cd70 of class MainWindowController is being deallocated while key value observers are still registered with it. Observation info is being leaked, and may even become mistakenly attached to some other object. Set a breakpoint on NSKVODeallocateBreak to stop here in the debugger. Here's the current observation info:

<NSKeyValueObservationInfo 0x28a970> (

<NSKeyValueObservance 0x2d98e0: Observer: 0x231c80, Key path: sidebarMenuText, Options: <New: NO, Old: NO, Prior: NO> Context: 0x27fcd0, Property: 0x2bbb30>

)

quit utorrent. repeat of last console message at shutdown. Reinstalled old version0.9.0.4 . start utorrent(stealthmode and firewall on.) Allow connections popup comes on twice allow twice. connection green. quickly connects faster than 0.9.1 version.

No problems in console, no stealthconnections notifications in appfirewall.log

Maybe that's a little confusingly written. But I hope it might help.

Same here. I use the torrents.ru site/server and demonoid. After I upgraded to v0.91 suddenly the program didn't find new torrents from the site, even though there are seeders present. There's definately something wrong with the connection to the torrent servers, not just a graphical glitch! I went back down to v0.904, and I could download those torrents again. Unfortunately this version tends to gobble up the entire CPU from time to time..

Torrents are now (after downgrading) also faster (those that worked with v0.91).

This might be a fix. Although I've been living with yellow/red connection light for a couple of days, I decided to try a few things. So far this fix has given me the green 'connection working' light longer than any othe fix since friday when Iinstalled the Mac 9.1 update to utorrent.

I turned off automatic map port in utorrent network preferences. Quit utorrent. restart mac AND router. Open utorrent and turn on Automatically map button in utorrent network preferences. Quit utorrent. Relaunch utorrent.

Well, I just checked, and yellow light is on again. Connection seems solid, though.

I have my upload set to auto speed. It's uploading at full blast - 51kb/sec (max on my adsl connection) and Dloading at between 10 and 20kb/sec (which is ok considering I'm dl-ing some barely seeded torrents.

I hope there is a fix for this. I don't seem to notice any difference in the GUI of my vers .91

Is this a Mac and Windows bug in new version?

Same--I updated 12hrs ago---it appears that I was upping and downloading, the program would work with green lights for a few minutes and then my connection light would go orange or red, and it doesn't appear that my activity was beign recorded by the Tracker program on the site I use.

Thanks to the folks that let me know that I could find the old version in the trash---re-installed back to .9.0.4

I would love to have a version that allowed for individual file downloads---let me know when there is one that works

I am generally quite pleased with the software---worked for a neophyte like me 'straight out of the box' (version .9.0.4)

Bit concerned about the upgrade, and the attitude of the mods on the board....

I just got uTorrent around three days ago and it worked fine for the first couple of times. I was using 9.1 with no problems. Then I began getting the problem most everyone else did with 9.1 so i followed what people were saying and downgraded to 0.9.0.4...It then started telling me my connection status was unavailable. Just a gray light. I tried forwarding my ports which i did successfully but it didn't do anything...I followed all the instructions at portforward.com, but it still didn't change my connection status...

What is wrong with it?

Aw no!

When uTorrent launched on the mac I did a little dance.

It's worked like a dream ever since.

It's far less temperamental than anything else I've used and, unlike everything else, it shuts down when you want it to, not when it sees fit.

Now this.

Fix it, fix it, fix it!! ;-D

I'll stick with uTorrent, OK it's being iffy at the moment, but on the grand scale of things it's still more reliable than anything else.

Archived