Yet another non-working update! Where to download v0.9.0.3 for MAC?

Erlend29

This is getting annoying. 0.9.0.4 had a bug which made it gobble up 100% CPU power, now 091 is buggy also - with port forward etc..

I'm trying to find v0.9.0.3 on the net, but are not able to. Can anyone please direct me to a link. I found the software on some very dubious torrentsites, but I'd rather not take that risk..

Thanks if anyone can post a link.

OK. Don't get me wrong, I AM very grateful to the dev team of utorrent, since there are no other really good torrentsoftware out there. Azureus wrecks havoc with my routers, and transmission is slooooooow.

Hopefully the bugs will be fixed sooner, rather than later. Thanks again for great software!

Thanks for your reply, but 0.9.1 has a problem with port-forward(??). This is well documented on the forum here. If I'm behind a router, there's no out/in communication with torrent servers at all. this is with the EXACT same settings as v.0.9.0.3. When plugging my MAC directly into the broadband/ASDL modem, the communication button lights up yellow or red, and I get some download activity, but cannot find most torrents (seeders, peers) and those torrents that do work are slower.

(I use OSX newest version, everything updated. 1g macbook 13')

Anyway, good luck with finding the bugs. I really appreciate the fix concerning partial torrent downloads. Except for a few bugs, uTorrent is a huge step forward for torrentssharing in the MAC-community. Thanks!

Thanks for listening.

• 3 weeks later...

@DreadWingKnight,

Sorry, but that is not what anyone would consider 'supporting' the product.

This is coming from someone who actively promotes uTorrent on every board, site, etc. that I'm on. But, saying that you won't support older versions, 'Period'. Or even help them find older versions, 'Period'.. is lame support. Period.

If there has been an update released that has known bugs in it, that are not yet resolved, and your users want to roll back to a previous release.. you should be saying, 'SWEET!, at least they want to roll back and not uninstall it altogether!'. This is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I'm using 0.9.1 and having major port issues, as described by many others on the forum. But, on the home page, this version isn't even avail.?? Why? Was it pulled because of the bugs? Are you simply sending out beta code for upgrades?? At this point I have two options, roll back to a working version or uninstall, what would you recommend I do?

This software has a lot of potential, but you know as well as I that being hostile, or not supporting your versions, to the very people who make it possible for this software to flourish - is counter productive.

uTorrent Version: 0.9.1 (14581)

Forwarded ports on router: TCP 6881

Incoming port in uTorrent: 6881

Current download rate: 30-40 kb/s

Current upload rate: 2-10 kb/s

Connection type: DSL - direct conn.

The main reason for the "no older version support" stems from people who wear too much tinfoil running on the assumption that versions newer than 1.6.1 are hostile (when in reality the older versions have KNOWN security exploits that are FIXED in newer versions).

When we recall a release because of major bugs, THAT release is no longer supported and support reverts to either the immediate previous version or to the next version that fixes those bugs.

That is understandable.. I guess the means of deliver is what threw me off. I can see you find humor in not being the nice guy, no worries here,.. thought it was funny myself. But, when it comes to support and service.. those attitudes have no place in a successful business, or it's products, marketplace.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just joined up. This is my first post. I've dl'd the beta version, 9.1.1, but I see it's for Leopard 10.5 OS. I'm running Tiger 10.4.11. (Most Leopard apps are compatible down to OS 10.4.11 but no lower.) Before I install uTorrent 9.1.1, can anybody tell me if it's compatible with OS 10.4.11, or is there an earlier version of uTorrent available which is?

So yeah, to go back to the original question of this thread... does anyone know where to find version 0.9.0.3?

DreadWingKnight, your replies aren't wanted so fuck off.

People want a version of uTorrent that works, is that a crime?

I reinstalled 0.9.0.4 and after about 30 minutes of no connecting it connected to one torrent and downloaded it. But the others won't work, and all have loads of seeds so it doesn't make much sense still.

I want 0.9.0.3.

It's ALL beta software as BitTorrent INC. are possibly still "learning the ropes" of programming on a MAC.

Port forwarding is best taken care of outside of uTorrent anyway, as both Windows' UPnP and MAC's NAT-PMP are poorly supported at best by various networking hardware. :(

Archived