Idiots guide to ipfilter?

draexo

Hello.

Is there a newbies guide to how to use ipfilter.dat? I know where it needs to be located for utorrent to find it and I know how to turn it on. It took me quite a while to figure this out. My question is really about where I can find an good, solid IPfilter.dat file?

Thanks

Andy

Ok, it is they hiding of my IP that I was concerned with. There is a service that does it for 6$ a month, but I did not want to pay for it. It was better than any of the free proxy services. If the ipfilter.dat does not hide your ip, what good is it?

For blocking known poisoner ranges -- it can allow torrents severely poisoned (from those ip ranges) to finish FAR quicker than otherwise. Within minutes instead of hours/days.

Trackers TRACK your ip and hand it out to other peers/seeds that come along -- that's how "they" get your ip. And many don't bother to check those ips!:

http://dmca.cs.washington.edu/

Ok, so I can use ipfilter to get rid of poisoners, but I what do I do about hiding my ip address? I've tried a few free proxy servers and it really slows things down. There is one I tried for a month for 6$ that worked great, but I did not want to continue to pay 6$ a month. There are programs like Ghost Surf, but it seems to slow down my computer. Any suggestions? I know this is changing the topic of my original post. Can someone redirect me?

Thanks

Archived