Any Update On Linksys Router Issue With Utorrent

zerocoolxp

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any updates about certain linksys routers having connection issues when trying to handle Utorrent.

I current have a WRT54GS V2 thats disconnecting every 20-30 minutes. I called Linksys support yesterday and they don't even know what a torrent is. I was able to get a new router shipped out to me, when its gonna arrive I don't know. I love Utorrent to death, I just wish Linksys can make a router that can handle multiple connections. I've gone through 3 routers with them for the same issue. I wonder when they'll get the point across.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

No, they haven't done anything. Besides, upgrading the firmware doesn't invalidate your warranty. They offer many features and improved performance that the Linksys firmware will probably never have. If you brick the router, you can fix it yourself easily.

I should be getting my new router in the next 2 days. I will test it out and see if the same problem re-occurs. If so then I guess its time to try out that firmware every is using.

The firmware upgrade only patches the problem with the connections, doesn't touch any other aspect of the router such as Wireless, MAC Filtering ?

It adds QoS, static DHCP, site survey, extra statistics, allows for more forwards, a better device list, configuration backup, various other stuff. Even a run command option and telnet. :P It's quite nice. AND it fixes other outstanding bugs in the Linksys firmware, and improves UPnP slightly. (at least, tofu does this, nt sure what Thibor has done)

Archived