Utorrent Speed Issue

zacaos

I know this must be a very frequently asked question but... i have a "Up to 20 mbit Internet" and use Utorrent but can never seem to get more then 50 kbits dl speed... If someone got a link or could post a Step-by-Step guide on how to get the fastest dl speed it would be VERY appreciated. Also currently using a laptop.

so ive reinstalled Utorrent and installed the 1.8.3 Beta, calculated my Upload/Download Speed and configured it in Utorrent, After i changed my TCP/IP From Auto to Static where i changed the Ip and then followed the post forwarding guide. But when i check my Routers DHCP-Client List it says 2 Computers are connected to the Router, my Regular Computer and My Laptop (This computers) Old Ip... Not the new one i created... I just rebooted the Router for about 5 min and it hasnt changed my Ip to the one i configured it to... so not sure what to do.

500 KiloBYTES/second download speed probably requires 10-20 cablemodems (or ADSL 2+ modems) dedicating their ENTIRE UPLOAD SPEED to just you.

That's probably working-as-designed behavior for uTorrent.

But have you tried the 2nd link in my signature?

(Do note settings are based on your line's upload speed max, which is probably a tiny fraction of its download max!)

Archived