Maybe dumb question, how to avoid even distribution?

Brad1107

Hi,

When I download a torrent that has many files, each file gets evenly bigger as time goes on. Is there any way of making it so it downloads each file individually, say if they're video files and i wanted to complete them one by one so i could watch one while the next is downloading. I know i'm not wording this very well but I hope someone understand what the frack i'm talking about. Sorry, and thanks!

It can be easily done by clicking on each file (or marking several files by Shift+click or Ctrl+click), then right button and then choosing "postpone download" or "not download" (I don't know exactly how it sounds in English version). You can leave the file (or files) you need under normal priority or high priority. Then when you need a new file just change from "not download" to normal priority.

Pay attention also to the speed at which you get your torrent with multiple files increases exponentially as you only download 1 file at once. I'd recommend NOT using SKIP (do not download)... but changing as rcannon said, to HIGH for the ones you want first. Change 1 or 2 to NORMAL (aka don't touch) and the rest to LOW. What this does is not keep you from downloading, but prefer to download the pieces for the files you want first. It is no longer even distribution. ;)

Archived