2 newbie questions

Bellzemos

Hello!

I'm new to uTorrent, I use it for 7 days now and it's awesome. :)

I have 2 questions:

1. Now I have my upload limit set to 50 kB/s, and unlimited download. How does these 2 refer to each other (or don't they)? Can I set upload to 20 or 30 kB/s and still have unlimited high speed download?

2. At the bottom of the screen there is a little sign (icon), and sometimes it shows an exclamation mark, other time a check mark. Both times my download & upload are working fine. Why is that so, why exclamation mark sometime?

Thank you! :)

1. So some people can upload at 10 kB/s or even lower and download at 1000 kB/s or more. Isn't that's weird?

2. Thank you for the link, I will tweak a bit. I already have a good speed tho. :)

-----------------------

Edit:

I tweaked a bit and found out that my approx. upload speed is 69 kB/s. So I set it up, but the exclamation mark is here again... Also, if the DL and UL speed don't relate to each other, why did I have to set my UL speed to 69 kB/s?

I set my UL speed to 70% of my line's max. I still don't understand: if the DL and UL speed don't relate to each other, why do I have to set my UL speed to a specific speed at all?

And the exclamation mark is still here, but I won't bother you anymore, because downloading works fine from the beginning. :)

Because if you increase the number of active torrents, you decrease the UL rate for each slot per active torrent.

With your values, I choose the first reference with 5 active torrents:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58404

║ 700 kbit/sec ║ 65│ 4║ 45│ 140║ 5│ 4║

So the max UL rate per slot per active torrent is 65 / (4 * 5) = 3.25 KB/s.

If you increase from 5 to 10, you decrease to 1.6 KB/s. It's not enough, especially because peers prefer share with a peer with a better upload.

2.5 to 3 KB/s is a minimum as UL rate per slot.

untitled.jpg

I've just re-set my settings (in the red frame). Please, tell me if they are optimal now (the best for the highest speed), and please explain why is it so.

Thank you! :)

----------------------------

Edit: The exclamation sign is still here sometimes (instead of the check sign). I have an exception for uTorrent enabled in the Windows XP Firewall, so... I don't know why is the "!" mark still here sometimes.

Edit no. 2: Before the change of settings I could reach over 800 kB/s speed (with a 400 seed torrent ), now it's only a little over 400 kB/s speed. Why is that so?

Edit no. 3: Please, I need some help here. Anyone?

Edit no. 4: ANYONE?

Archived