Utorrent keeps resetting itself as if i was installing for first time

gavo28

Then something on your system is preventing uTorrent from recognizing that it's already installed.

If it is no secret' date=' how does uTorrent recognize that it is already installed?[/quote']

It is something in %APPDATA%/uTorrent , as I deleted this folder due to some problems and after that when I started uTorrent.exe it showed the installer wizard again.

Then something on your system is preventing uTorrent from recognizing that it's already installed.

If it is no secret' date=' how does uTorrent recognize that it is already installed?[/quote']

It is something in %APPDATA%/uTorrent , as I deleted this folder due to some problems and after that when I started uTorrent.exe it showed the installer wizard again.

So i must have been wrong about this as well then

It checks for an existing installation in the directories where an installion places files, .......

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same issue with the latest 3.3.1 version. It asks me to install every single time.

I've used search and there was advice to delete the settings files from appdata/roaming folder but it didn't help.

Old versions install and run fine. and when i ask for help, the mods close the thread saying use search....

Anyone out there know how to fix it before this thread gets locked as well?

Archived