crazy icon left on desktop

galea

After I have downloaded a torrent and I have finished seeding for a while I ask it to remove the torrent and all data but am still left with a icon on my desktop that can not be deleted cause it says it can not read from the source file. I never had this problem with the older versions of utorrent. how do I get rid of these.

Its not a hard drive problem. After I download the torrent to the desktop I click on it to start it in utorrent. I then end up with 2 icons for that torrent on my desktop, 1 is the green icon and one looks like a data file icon.When I ask utorrent to remove all data I am left with the 1 data file icon that can not be deleted.

Did a check disk and scandisk for the hard drive and found no problem.I found out I only have this problem with torrents that don't download. if I try downloading something and it doesn't start in a few days I try to remove all data and torrent I am left with the icon on my desktop.

when I downloaded to the default folder it still left and icon on my desktop for some reason, so I thought if I downloaded to the desktop it would get rid of the icon but it did not.The icons will not delete even when utorrent not running.

ps. running zone alarm, avast antivirus and winxp

Archived