a question pls.

uray

let say i'am downloading a file, from two different tracker (with different .torrent) file, but both .torrent has the same file content, from the first .torrent i have downloaded 70% of it, but there's no seeder so i can't complete it, then i see that the second .torrent has seeder, but i need to redownload it.

since i knew that the file content are same, then i redownload from the second .torrent until the file reach ~2% then i overwrite the destination file with file from the first torrent which has completed 70%.

but after force recheck, it still 2%, then i delete the destination file and recheck it is still 2% !, where do utorrent write the file if i delete it, it still have a valid 2%? (i have disabled all disk cache, and compact allocation on utorrent)

then is there any way i could continue download with different .torrent assuming that the content files are exactly match?

no its not like that, since the first only complete 70% and second is 2%, i can't check the final checksum, i got the checksum from the uploader of those torrents. and both uploader said that the data's checksum is exactly same.

what i want to do is continuing the download from the 2% .torrent by using 70% data from the first .torrent

oh, ok.. thank you for your suggestion, maybe you are right since there is a difference in piece size, one is 2MB and the other is 256KB.

in this case, if i got one of those torrent complete 100%, i can inject the data and seed to dead torrent right, so the dead torrent could be alive since i got the missing piece from other torrent?

Archived