Problems after Updating to newest version

scorchingice

Today uTorrent informed me of an update version.

My version updated to 1.8.4 Build 16442.

After updating, My uploads wont seed. I found that in the preferences, If it is set to 0, now that is exactly what I get, 0 rather than unlimited.

If I set it to 0 the max upload is 0.9 roughly, If I change it to 1000 I start seeding normally.

Please look into this issue.

Thank you, Brian

What is that going to do?

The issue is not with a firewall blocking the program.

I can upload fine once I set the programs Upload limit to 100 it will max the upload speed at 100, If I set it to 500, it will max the upload speed at 500. If I set it to 1000, I can get my max upload speed.

However the program is designed so that when you set the upload speed to 0 (in Options / Preferences / Bandwidth) it is supposed to be Unlimited, However when I set it to 0, Now it will prevent it from uploading as if the actual upload limit is 0 not unlimited.

The issue is not a firewall problem. If this were the case, The program would not upload no matter what setting I set the upload limit to. The issue is with the new patch not allowing the program to recognize 0 as unlimited.

I cannot download torrents (stays inactive) after updating new version.Tried uninstalling utorrent and re installing utorrent 1.8.3 beta - still no good. Information icon tells me no incoming connections (yellow colour) says could indicate problem with network configeration. I am stupid and dont know what to do. firewall setting seem ok.

I too accepted to update to the newest build today. Now I'm no longer able to surf while having uTorrent running. Pages takes forever to load.

I've had this problem before with uTorrent. I have Nod32, and am used to do the exception-thingy stickied here, but I havn't been forced to do so with the current OS install (XP sp3). I did it now though, but that didn't help.

Is there something that changed with the latest build that I should be aware of? What could have gone wrong?

Archived