uTorrent doesen't start download right away

Horzy

I am having the same problem for like 2 weeks now. I tried to download a movie and I do not get anything it just there, I do not see any seeders or leaches numbers at all. The torrent just try to upload and keep trying but nothing for days. Also when I click on the Tracker tab it tells me that the [DHT] is not allowed, [Local Peer Discovery] is not allowed, [Peer Exchange] is not allowed, and the http:// website has no connection. On the Peer tab I have no one listed there. On the Pieces tab i have nothing. On the Files tab the files shows as red.

Hi,

I registered just to say I experience the same thing as Craftworth, I'm also running the 16688 build on Windows 7.

Downloading starts but not immediately, it takes a while before it actually does download.

By the way: i'm on 1.8.4 => Check for Updates results in no updates.

But uTorrent 1.8.5 is out.

Anyway going to install 1.8.5, hopefully the 'wait feature' is non existing ;-)

I picked up this from one site: "It is a known issue with uTorrent, re: downloads that don't start, or delay for a long time before starting.

It is a bug that causes the client to think that you're at your maximum connections and will not create new ones.

2 fixes are:

a) Stop uTorrent, wait a few mins, then start it

B) (BEST option) - upgrade to uTorrent 1.8.5 which resolves the problem"

I installed 1.8.5 and it works great now...

Horzy says:

"I picked up this from one site: "It is a known issue with uTorrent, re: downloads that don't start, or delay for a long time before starting.

It is a bug that causes the client to think that you're at your maximum connections and will not create new ones.

2 fixes are:

a) Stop uTorrent, wait a few mins, then start it

B) (BEST option) - upgrade to uTorrent 1.8.5 which resolves the problem"

I installed 1.8.5 and it works great now..."

Funny you should say that but I do notice still the same problem persist in 1.8.5. What setting are you using? I did a complete uninstall of 1.8.4 and any leftovers settings then install 1.8.5 with default with the same problem???

Archived