uTorrent v2.0 install bug: Can't find "language files"

uTorrentGuy

• 2 months later...

I don't think it is fixed.

I had it on several previous upgrades, including 1.8 to 2.0

I'm still getting it going from 2.0 to 2.0.1

I have found 4-5 reports of this problem here, and no solutions (other than suggesting a manual download and install)

Does this 'automatic' upgrade actually work for anyone or not?

This seems to be a country/region/perhaps ISP specific issue.

User 'rafi' had problems (from Israel) do download the help file, while I (Austria) was able to download it at the same time.

This could be the same issue, so manually downloading and installing IS an option - you can also follow my 2nd link to get it.

No - I'm not blocking anything deliberately. Everything is pretty much configured as defaults. uTorrent works fine in its 'normal' operation.

Downloading the installer manually, and running it does work fine - it's just annoying, as I usually forget that the automatic one doesn't work, and allow the automatic update the first time.

Are there no diagnostics generated by the automatic download/install process? Is there anything I can do to help isolate the error? I've done lots of coding and installation, so (hopefully) know what I'm doing.

here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?4mmzbfqtlng

[2010-05-04 10:35:51]  Help file not found in settings directory, attempting to download
[2010-05-04 10:36:19] Could not download help file. Error: connection closed by peer
[2010-05-04 10:37:26] Help file not found in settings directory, attempting to download
[2010-05-04 10:37:46] Could not download help file. Error: connection closed by peer

Thanks for the observation. Just trying to help out here. I'll check it with my provider. Still, my connection is performing good enough for all other Internet/uT activities & browser DLs, so a simple file download from your site should be possible too :(

I've got a log file, but have no idea how to analyse it. I sent an email to Firon, as I don't really want to post it publicly. I haven't got a reply though. I also seem to get a lot of bad packets to and from 208.111.144.47

Is it possible there are some short timeouts set somewhere? Being on the other side of the planet, something like that's going to affect us more than anyone else.

Archived