Upgraded to 2.0 ... speed is extremely fluctuating

peregrines

Hey folks,

I recently Upgraded to 2.0 (before I didnt have any problems)... speed is extremely fluctuating with a strange "third" line in the upload statistics.

I DID set portforwarding on my router and also configured my firewall (software-norton 2010).

nervt.jpg

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1372/nervt.jpg

Here`s a graph, maybe somebody has a clou what it could be?

My settings are standard.

Thanks!

Felix

hey, i got the same problem here. after the upgrade, my download speed peaks and then drops simultaneously. before it was constant and fix at a certain speed. this is a problem for me because the ETA also changes as my DL and UL speed fluctuate. i cant get the right estimate of how long will it take to finish my download. please help us.

I have the exact same problem. Speed was stable in 1.8, while in 2.0 it goes from 0 to max every 30 sec. I tried changing the ul speed settings and changing net_calc_overhead to true (as some suggested), but there was no change. The only upside is i can use browsers a lot faster then before, but its not really worth the huge drop in dl speed. I hope someone has an answer for us.

It seems i found the answer to my own problem by checking other posts (it was a bit hidden, so it took some time :))

Changing bt.tcp_rate_control to false seems to do the trick.

and restart utorent

I hope this helps the others

Again an issue for me as well. I had heard that others had sucess reverting to v1.8.5 but I couldn't find a copy I could trust so my only option was to try the Beta version. No change with manager on or off. One last thing to try is a machine reboot. If anyone knows of a trusted site with uT v1.8.5 please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks Firon, I've tried still an issue though and the only change I made in my environment was 2.0 now 2.0.1. 1.8 worked well. Normally with favourable seed and peer ratios performance is the very best it can be. Now its almost as if the client is being throttled.

I'm willing to try any other setting in 2.0.1 if reverting to 1.8 is not an option.

I joined the forum just to let everyone know that I tried both pieces of advice and either one or both worked.

My downloads were going from around 100kbps then dropping down to zero, and doing that every five to ten seconds. Now they're around a steady 400-500kbps :) Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated!

[...]

As I was about to post this my speed dropped to zero after peaking at a little over 1 meg but it's definitely a LOT more stable than it was (with only one drop in the last three minutes as apposed to one every ten seconds or so)

shawn7657, you're probably on ComCast which generally only has 1 or 2 megabit/sec sustained max upload speed. (Depends on which service tier you have.) If you've set uTorrent to upload faster than 100 or 200 KiloBYTES/second, then speed will probably fluctuate wildly.

• 1 month later...

I updated to the latest uTorrent 2.0.1 (build 19248) yesterday and it seems since then I've have extreme fluctuation and am only downloading at about a quarter of what my connection is capable of. Ive downloaded other files from the interwebz and theyre all fine, usually hitting 800kb/s. Schedular is limited to 350kb/s down and 10kb/s up but I'm not reaching this download speed even. I did also play around with some Bandwidth and Connection settings but even putting them back to the default has no effect so I don't think its that.

Can someone please help?

Here is an image of what I mean:

Untitled-1.jpg

[EDIT]

Have just uninstalled 2.0.1 and installed 2.0 (build 18620) and speeds are going fine. I wonder if this is a bug in 2.0.1 that's giving me these problems?

Also been having NOTHING but problems since upgrading to 2.0.1. Downgraded to 2.0 beta and now everything is running smoothly. Why even release a new version that has so many bugs?

I had 1.8.3. before upgrading. Shouldn't of touched anything in the first place lol.

sorry, couldn't see the upload limit on the graph . so, I think you better try to increase it . Also - try net.calc_overhead = true . Upload overhead might be ~20% of your download (if uTP is on) or ~5% if not. 10K upload will give you just so much download. 2.01 might have higher overhead than 2.0. you can look at the overhead graphs to see what's going on.

You can try and set the upload limit in the scheduler to 0 , and just set the regular global limit. There might be a bug there...

Archived