need help with utorrent 2.0

himadri_sm

in utorrent 2.0 setup guide under the bandwidth section..there are a list of servers but none are in india or even near india..i have configured the port correctly in the network section but i cannot test my bandwidth as it always shows server busy.....my internet connection is an 1mbps unlimited connection...i have a belkin G wireless router with model no- F5D7234-4....what upload speed should i select from utorrent's list...also can anyone guide me with recommended settings for my connection...thank you..

Just leave the speed test aside. Just use the 1MB settings since you already said what speed bandwidth you have and go with that. Not every place will have a speed test but use what your internet ISP connection speed you subscribe to as your speed.

The connection is probably only 0.25 mbit/sec UPLOAD, so using xx/1mbit in Speed Guide would be a complete failure. :(

Worse, the Belkin router is very ill-suited for lots of BitTorrent connections at once.

You'll probably be forced to use 256 kbit/sec or slower upload settings from 2nd link in my signature.

thanx for replying...you see since this morning my internet disconnects when i start downloading through torrents..sometimes it will disconnect within 5mins, sometimes within half an hour, but it never stays connected for more than that...i followed a lot of threads in a lot of forums(including this one)...but nothing helps...please bear with me as i am a noob in utorrent & technical internet stuff...so i am posting all my settings-

1. my speedtest results- 735847213.png

i tested the speed about 5 times...during each time, nothing else was running...the ping would fluctuate between 50- 92ms....the download speed mostly stayed between 1.2- 1.6 Mb/s...& the upload speed stayed at 0.4- 0.9 Mb/s

2. My ISP, Reliance communications also has a bandwidth test page.here are the results- 55917d551826371a0288608f01801c5a.png

here are my utorrent settings- abc5bac8bfee3a2b549f8216e18ead4f.png

890d17fa80feb64133f00969afa1bde8.png

1121d2a7dc03b651b0b051883a088539.png

1f2a723c1eee21fd72ee7df0d25fbdbc.png

please tell me what i need to change in my settings? I am running Windows 7..

My system Specs are- Motherboard- ASUS P5KC; Processor- Intel Core2Quad Q9300@ 2.5Ghz; 3Gb RAM...

EDIT:- i have comodo firewall installed but it is not blocking utorrent....i also checked to see if my ISP was limiting my downloading, but tests said " there is no indication that your ISP is throttling your torrent downloads/uploads"....

uTorrent is configured based on your max sustained upload, which is better than I expected but still a bit shy of 1 megabit/sec. Even my 768 kbit/sec upload settings may be too much on account of high global max connections. :(

The Belkin router's instability is probably causing the internet disconnects. You need to follow 1st link in my signature (slow speed/disconnected internet section) for that.

thanx for replying..i'll follow the instructions & let you know how it goes out...but what exactly do you mean by "uTorrent is configured based on your max sustained upload, which is better than I expected but still a bit shy of 1 megabit/sec. Even my 768 kbit/sec upload settings may be too much on account of high global max connections."....should i set something lower than 768kbit/sec? sorry for being a noob!! :(

thanx again for helping me...i tried your setting & followed the guide in your 1st link...still utorrent 2.0 would disconnect my internet..as a last resort i installed utorrent 1.8.3(build 15728).....& surprisingly its been downloading since the last 6 hrs without any disconnection...i have it at completely default settings..without changing anything...this is what i did in 2.0-

75 KB/sec upload speed limit

5 upload slots per torrent

30 max connections per torrent

3 total active torrents

3 total downloading torrents

- lowering net.max_halfopen to 4 (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

- lowering bt.connect_speed to 10 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

- disabling IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu

- disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

- disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection)

- disabling peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

- lowering maximum global number of connections to 100 (Can be found in Preferences > Bandwidth)

- disabling uTP (Set Preferences > Advanced > bt.transp_disposition to 5)

i don't understand why 2.0 is giving me problems.. BTW, will lowering maximum global number of connections reduce downloading speed?

thanx again...but i installed the new UT 2.0.1 beta & downloaded for more than 6 hrs...absolutely no disconnection...& i am getting a max 125kB/s download speed......everything is set to default...the only altered settings are-

75 KB/sec upload speed limit

5 upload slots per torrent

50 max connections per torrent

3 total active torrents

3 total downloading torrents

100 maximum global number of connections

lets see if everything stays ok for another 24 hrs or so...i am not going to alter any of the above settings.

Archived