Computer shutdown time prolonged?

MechR

Not sure if this is a bug, but...

I notice that when using Azureus or utorrent, at the end of the day my computer shutdown takes a long time (about a minute of HD noise). BitComet (and IIRC the official client also) seems to have a smaller effect on shutdown time.

I haven't really timed them with a watch, but if I press Shut Down and go to the bathroom, by the time I get back the computer will be at the tail end of shutting down (with Bitcomet), versus taking several more seconds of standing around (with Azureus and utorrent).

It is unlikely that utorrent is causing this problem. Unless you only have utorrent open, it would be hard to pinpoint this problem on utorrent. Also, you said it yourself, "I notice that when using Azureus..," if it happens when you use Azureus, do you really think it is a utorrent bug?

It is unlikely that utorrent is causing this problem. Unless you only have utorrent open, it would be hard to pinpoint this problem on utorrent. Also, you said it yourself, "I notice that when using Azureus..," if it happens when you use Azureus, do you really think it is a utorrent bug?

Sorry, I meant when using either Azureus or utorrent during a day, not both in the same day ;)

Also, that the problem isn't as bad if I use BitComet.

Sorry, I meant when using either Azureus or utorrent during a day, not both in the same day ;)

Either way, if it happens in two seperate programs on separate days, then there is no reason to blame utorrent for this behavior.

Either way, if it happens in two seperate programs on separate days, then there is no reason to blame utorrent for this behavior.

All I can say is, shutdown seems consistently quicker when I use BitComet for the day.

You really care if it takes a few seconds more to shutdown ? After all you're shutting down the computer. It's not like you need a faster response from it afterwords ;)

Yeah, I know :P Partly I'm just curious about what the cause might be, and whether it'd hurt performance elsewhere to fix.

Yeah, before closing do we need to pause the torrent or stop it, or close the program?

I've always done this anyways. (Not that I have utorrent shutdown very often anyway...its usually working silently in the background ;) ), but if I do shutdown utorrent, I pause the torrents that I want to automatically resume after next startup. I stop all others that I want no activity from the next time utorrent is run.

Archived