uTP not being widely used

Seyss

Hello,

I noticed that only 15% of uTP-capable peers are actually connected to me using uTP.

So basically I cannot set my upload to full, to avoid bandwidth throttling.

Are there any plans to create an option to force uTP-only connections or prioritize uTP when creating new connections?

Thank you.

uTP is already preferred over TCP (if both succeed the uTP connection is kept and the TCP connection dropped).

Forcing uTP is possible but then you will simply NOT be able to connect to all those peers that show TCP now. Only µTorrent supports uTP right now and even these peers can (and sometimes do) disable uTP.

So all uTP-capable peers that currently aren't connected to me using uTP don't have uTP enabled?

It doesn't make sense, since as far as I know uTorrent is installed with uTP enabled by default. I don't believe they manually disabled uTP. Most people don't even know what "Bandwidth management" means.

Any more ideas?

So are you saying that all other peers aren't connected using uTP because it failed to connect? It doesn't make any sense... see SS below.

It would help if uTorrent specified the reason the peer isn't using uTP, since uTP now is a big part of uTorrent and helps a lot the swarm allowing us to set upload to full.

36829233.png

BTW from my part I have all settings OK.. DMZ set, Firewall open, uTP enabled.

Seyss, there must be a reason why uTP connections often fail for you. For example you might not have the UDP port forwarded (only the TCP port). And so might many others.

When I take a look at my peerlist more then 80% of the connections to µtorrent peers are using uTP. This is on private swarms though.

The fact remains that if you force uTP then you will NOT be able to connect to all those peers without the [uTP] tag behind their IP.

Archived