uTorrent v1.1.4 does not delete .torrent.loaded files

Weicker

To reproduce:

1) Configure to automatically load torrents in a directory. Make sure you have NOT checked "delete torrent instead of renaming"

2) Save a torrent to this directory and uTorrent automatically loads the torrent. It also automatically names it to <name>.torrent.loaded.

3) Wait until torrent completes - probably don't even have to do this.

4) Right-click on torrent in uTorrent window and select "Remove And.. Delete Torrent + Data"

Data directory gets deleted fine. But <name>.torrent.loaded file remains instead of getting deleted.

I don't understand. I only have ONE directory for torrents. If I save a torrent there, it completes downloading and then I no longer either want the torrent or the data on my hard drive, I should be able to select the torrent, choose to delete the torrent and data, and have them both wiped out. I don't see any option to change, or description of, any "APPDATA" directory in the configuration.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm now using uTorrent v1.1.7 (b289). It doesn't even delete the torrent now. I save a torrent file into a dir, load and start it normally, then right-click on it and select "Remove and -> Delete torrent and data". I am prompted to delete the data, and the data directory is indeed deleted. But the torrent remains in the source directory.

Please fix.

you do know that when you open a torrent a copy of it is placed in the utorrent settings folder ?

it doesnt delete the one u originally downloaded from the internet but the one that is stored in the folder u have set to store incomplete or complete torrents in depending on the status of the torrent when you delete it.

I don't understand. I only have ONE directory for torrents. If I save a torrent there, it completes downloading and then I no longer either want the torrent or the data on my hard drive, I should be able to select the torrent, choose to delete the torrent and data, and have them both wiped out. I don't see any option to change, or description of, any "APPDATA" directory in the configuration.

i want to keep torrents. what if i want the file again :rolleyes:

I think my problem is related to this thread. I have my 'Move .torrents for finished jobs to:' option set to move to a 'finished' subdirectory, which works as billed, it removes the .torrent file from the %apps% directory and places it in my 'finished' directory. If I then choose to 'delete .torrent + data' it removes the data, but leaves the .torrent file in the 'finished' directory. Smells like a bug to me, but if it isn't, then this isn't an intuitive behavior, and an option should be added to allow users to actually delete the .torrent.

Disrequard my previous post. I just realized why my .torrent files weren't deleting. I was changing them to 'read-only' after I backed up the download so I could tell which were already backed up (a work around until 'Labels' are available). Of course uTorrent couldn't delete the read-only files. I removed the read-only attribute and removed data + .torrent and it worked fine.

This bug is still present in v1.2. Set option to "rename" - so it names your torrents to .loaded extension - and then when done seeding, select to Delete torrent + data. Data gets deleted fine but .loaded file is still present. It is pointless to keep this file and it needs to be deleted in the process since essentially it IS the original torrent.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived