Help for the Newcomer

cdahwa

I have only just downloaded utorrent. I ran the test to test network and configure for best performance. The check on my bandwidth failed. Data send error: A local networking problem closed the connection. (10053)

I tried changing the bandwidth down to the slowest ( I think ) settings, and it failed every time. The next part, Network, to verify router settings and highlight any configuration issues, went through. Passed.

Please, is there anyone out there who can help me to fix this in the least amount of steps?? Yes, I admit it, I'm blonde all the way....lol. KISS Keep It Simple Stupid.

Any help will definitely be appreciated!

Colleen

Firewann? I'm not familiar with that. I'm sorry I just don't understand all this yet, but I'm reading and trying to learn, so please be patient. I ran that test. I download at 1.28Mb/s upload at 0.16Mb/s And ping at 45ms. Then I went to the website you posted thinking I was going to compare numbers, but if there is a correlation between kbits/sec and Mb/s, well, I still need help, Please!

"I download at 1.28Mb/s upload at 0.16Mb/s" ..."correlation between kbits/sec and Mb/s"

For download...

1.28 megabits/second down x 1000 kilobits/megabit = 1280 kilobits/second / 8 bits/BYTE = 160 KiloBYTES/second ...but since that's not counting any overheads it's easier to divide by 10 instead of 8 for bits-to-BYTES, meaning about 128 KiloBYTE/second usable.

For upload...

0.16 megabit/second up x 1000 kilobits/megabit = 160 kilobits/second / 8 bits/BYTE = 20 KiloBYTES/second

but... more like:

160 kilobits/second / 10 bits/usable BYTE = 16 KiloBYTES/second upload speed max in uTorrent.

In the 2nd link in my signature, your line would correspond to 160 kilobit/second upload settings.

I'm a new 'dummy' user! Was readin 'Brian's Bit Torrent Guide' , Re:- 'Windows Intrgration' Says to select 'Associte with Torrent'. Mine is highlighted. ' Associate with Magnet URL' . Clicked on required one. but wont change??? Can anybody help plrase? If so, please use 'simple' speak'. Regards, Delta .

I am just getting u torrent. On the setup guide, under step 1, where it instructs me to: "1.Open the Setup Guide from the preferences. Options -> Setup Guide, or press Ctrl G.", where are they talking about? In my browser? in the utorrent webpage somewhere? On the control panel of my computer? Where? Thanks.

The DHT status displays waiting for announcement....

and does not work.

if anyone has a solution help me out

The tracker status displays"An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its acces permissions"

for all the torrents after i updated from utorrent 2.0.2 to utorrent 2.0.3.

Is there a way to fix this????

Archived