downloads have stopped.

stimpydan

all downloads appear to have stopped with my utorrent.

at first I assumed it was a problem with the trackers from the site I was downloading from... I posted on their forums and asked, but I don't think it is their problem.

For last 2 days it seems I can only upload and not download. i have no firewall running, I have uninstalled and reinstalled utorrent, i've uninstalled and rolled back to a previous version (1.8.5) this didn't help.... I've tried downloading torrents today from a few different sources and none start.

uploads still work, speed test indicates no problem with my connection. I don't remember changing any windows internet settings nor any updates.

I am using windows xp.

Really stumped as to why this would have started happening for no obvious or apparent reason.

Any help to get it working again would be much appreciated.

Ok Switeck understood. I can't get that information straight away as am using various friends interent connections not my own.

I am using spybot search and destroy and avg free edition for security software. I will check through the guides in your sig too and see if these make a difference.

I'm almost certain the issue is not to do with the internet connection though as this problem is persistent across various internet connections. It's a laptop and I've tried it on 3 different wifi connections and it no longer downloads, just uploads, all 3 of these connections used to work fine. This seems to indicate to me it's a problem with either my laptop, or utorrent itself, not the internet connections.

all 3 of them have never had any problems with at all. I can now not download at any speed. they are home wifi connections and not particularly busy. at most would have the 3 people who live in one house using them. they're friends connections and I'm logged into them legally.

Archived