Speed very slow.

ronit

Hey, I have been using the previous version of utorrent on a compaq laptop. I have just bought a vaio e series and downloaded the latest version of utorrent, the download speed was 200kb/s previously, however it has dropped drastically to around 30kb/s max. and it even goes as low as 0.1kb/s. Please help, as I would appreciate it greatly.

The speed of torrents are entirely dependent on the speed and WILLINGNESS of seeds and peers you connect to. They may be on fast lines, but have their max upload speed set to 1 KiloBYTE/second. Or they may be running 20 torrents at once with 4 upload slots each -- so even if they have a rather fast 200 KiloBYTES/second total upload speed, after it gets split 80 ways...it's only a not-so-impressive 2.5 KiloBYTES/second that reaches you. Or they may have upload slots set to 50 per torrent, splitting that even further. Or they may be connecting to 50 peers per torrent but only uploading to 4 (4 upload slots per torrent)...so most of the time you get nothing from them.

Archived