Need Help About a Mysterious Speed Limit

udude3

Just to verify uTorrent isn't at fault...what version and build number are you using?

Also, what uTorrent settings (ones shown by CTRL+G Speed Guide and any advanced settings you changed)?

And lastly, what's the MEASURED speeds of your connection? (Please use speedguide.net if Speed Guide in uTorrent doesn't work.)

1. uTorrent 2.0.4 (build 21586)

2. I didn't change anything about settings since i first ran uTorrent and chose "Run Tests".

3. Umm this is really interesting... A few weeks ago my download speed was over 4 megabits. Now it says 0.42... Seriously, what the...

Results : 932839322.png

1.Good, you're not running a very broken version of uTorrent.

"2. I didn't change anything about settings since i first ran uTorrent and chose "Run Tests"."

That doesn't tell me what settings you're using. :(

3.Looks like your internet connection is horribly crippled.

A month ago i was using 1 megabit speed and had no download limit. One day my ISP called me and said i can have 8 megabits speed with the same price. I asked "Will i have a download limit? Can i download anything i want?" they said sure, no limits, do anything you want. Okay then, do it. Now i called them and they said they slowed down my connection to 512 kbits because i exceeded my download limit. Hmm... Anyway, thanks for the help guys. :)

Archived